NTR CFW

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by mrkurtcobain, Mar 11, 2016.

1. mrkurtcobain
    OP

mrkurtcobain GBAtemp Regular

Mar 1, 2016
    United States
    Im really confused. I was reading and seen that the original creator made it to be anti piracy, but now people are saying you can use it on downloaded cia's. Is that true, or can I only use it on games Ive paid for?
    Once installed, where do I get cheats? Are the gateshark cheats the ones I use?
    Is there a guide that explains how to create a cheat, or do you just take gateshark cheats and translate them to run with ntr?
    Im really confused about it, as a lot of the information on this, is shaded and not really explained in enough detail for someone whos never used it to understand. I see that you have to make a plugin folder or something to put the cheats in, but does it matter where that folder is?
    If someone could explain to me exactly how it works and point me in the right direction, I would be forever grateful :D <3

2. Expliciate

Expliciate GBAtemp Regular

Oct 2, 2015
    Canada
    There are specific game plugins for each title.
    You put them in /plugin/*gametitle*/
    Downloaded cia's are technically supported, cause personal dumped games installed as CIAs isn't piracy and is genuine. Though other means of obtaining them are not encouraged

3. mrkurtcobain
    OP

Mar 1, 2016
    United States
    Alright, but that still leaves me confused. How do I even get the cheats and that means I create the plugin folder on the root of the sd card and then place the cheats inside the gameid folder?

4. Expliciate

Expliciate GBAtemp Regular

Oct 2, 2015
    Canada
    You have to browse around the forum or the other "iso" site for them

5. mrkurtcobain
    OP

Mar 1, 2016
    United States
    Ah alright, but you cant take gateshark cheats and use them?

6. mrkurtcobain
    OP

Mar 1, 2016
    United States
    Ok so I downloaded the cia and bin, Im running rxtools on my emu, I ran the cia after I installed through fbi, it went through a bunch of code, and at the end it said;
    'home menu firmware not supported' please send feedback to *some email here*
    nrBootNTR = Failed
    Press home button to return to home menu