ROM Hack NTR CFW 11.3 "Bug"

LokeYourLord

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
So i am not sure where to post this, as there is no "Bug Tracker" section on @cell9 his GitHub for NTR CFW, so i just post it here.

I saw that both NTR CFW Selector and BootNTR were updated to work on 11.3.0-36X, but there is one feature that doesn't work anymore, and that is the "Backlight" function. I know it worked on 11.2.0-35X, and it also worked with the latest ntr.bin, because i also tried using 3.4 Preview 3 (which i KNOW for certain had the Backlight feature on 11.2.0-35X). I am now using 3.4 Preview 4.1 of NTR, and all features are there and work just fine, BESIDES the Backlight feature, which i think is really handy and nice that it exists, as there are no alternatives to it (there is no .cia or .3dsx "software" that i know of that can turn down the brightness below the System Standard). For me the 3DS is, even at 1 (System Brightness) too bright to play with at the evening/night, so i really appreciated the Backlight/Brightness feature of NTR.

@cell9 If you see this, i hope you have the time to fix it, and i really appreciate NTR. I also hope you might add a Bug Tracker at your NTR GitHub, so we the community can help report bugs :)

LokeYourLord

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
It does work....I'm using it right now. Are you using @Nanquitas version? https://github.com/Nanquitas/BootNTR/releases

2.5 was updated for 11.3 firmware.

Yes i am using @Nanquitas his BootNTR Selector, and i am using ntr.bin version 3.4 Preview 4.1 (latest) from @cell9 . All options are there when i press X+Y, the only one missing is the "Backlight" option. Here a screenshot (the 3DS crashes when using the Screenshot feature of NTR CFW on 11.3.0-36X and being in the System Settings, so i took a shot with my Phone):

r8YAYqZ.jpg

Exactly where in this do you see a "Backlight" option? I don't see it, and i know it is supposed to be inbetween the "Power" and "Reduce Blue Light" option.

eroz76

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry you are right......I thought you were talking about the blue light. That is what I get for not reading the post through.

LokeYourLord

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
I'm sorry you are right......I thought you were talking about the blue light. That is what I get for not reading the post through.

Nah its fine mate, everyone can read things wrong, don't worry. I actually thought for a second that the "Backlight" was somewhat merged into the "Reduce Blue Light" option in the latest update, but it wasn't, it just isn't there.

LokeYourLord

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South

I am using 4.1, it just doesn't say that, that is because when @cell9 updated the 3.4 Preview 4 quickly, he didn't make it 3.4 Preview 4.1. I am using 3.4 Preview 4.1. If you don't believe me, try running 3.4 Preview 4.1 yourself and press X+Y, it will tell you that you are running 3.4 Preview 4, not 4.1.

Sonansune

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I am using 4.1, it just doesn't say that, that is because when @cell9 updated the 3.4 Preview 4 quickly, he didn't make it 3.4 Preview 4.1. I am using 3.4 Preview 4.1. If you don't believe me, try running 3.4 Preview 4.1 yourself and press X+Y, it will tell you that you are running 3.4 Preview 4, not 4.1.
well. I do have. backlight

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hadn't noticed, specifically because its probably the one feature of NTR that I've never touched, hell, my 3DS is always on full brightness. I know I can powersave by adjusting it as need be, but I always just prefer it looking as vibrant as possible, having to charge more often is rarely an issue.

Last edited by duffmmann,

LokeYourLord

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South

Could you post a picture just like i did with being in the System Settings showing your current Firmware and having the X+Y NTR menu open, showing that you have the Backlight option? I need this to be able to verify, but as you clearly see others are saying it is missing as well.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3.4 preiview 4.1 4.1!

Its not the version of NTR that matters here. Its the belief that upgrading the 3DS to the latest 11.3 firmware coupled with the update that BootNTR itself had to make for NTR to continue to work properly on the new firmware that may have removed the backlight option. I can't verify, I'm at work, but yeah, as OP says, take a screenshot of your firmware under settings, and that should make it clear if your NTR has a function that his seems to be lacking with all other factors being the same.

Sonansune

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Its not the version of NTR that matters here. Its the belief that upgrading the 3DS to the latest 11.3 firmware coupled with the update that BootNTR itself had to make for NTR to continue to work properly on the new firmware that may have removed the backlight option. I can't verify, I'm at work, but yeah, as OP says, take a screenshot of your firmware under settings, and that should make it clear if your NTR has a function that his seems to be lacking with all other factors being the same.
I can use customized ver string...

Nanquitas

Trophies
XP
Country
France
@LokeYourLord: you're using a New 3DS ?

On the 3.4 Preview 4.1 I have those results:
  • Old 3DS: backlight option is present
  • New 3DS: backlight option isn't present, CPU Clock menu added
Of course, exact same version of BootNTR Selector and NTR CFW.

Edit:
Ah wait, the Old 3DS that I was passed on is on 11.2. Updating now, will edit the post when it's finished.

Last edited by Nanquitas,

LokeYourLord

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South

Edit:
Ah wait, the Old 3DS that I was passed on is on 11.2. Updating now, will edit the post when it's finished.

Hi @Nanquitas , thanks for replying. Yes i am using a New3DS with firmware 11.3.0-36E and using your BootNTR Selector (latest version) with the latest ntr.bin manually update to 3.4 Preview 4.1.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Well the New 3DS has the feature to automatically adjust the backlight based on the environment that you're in. Could it be that when NTR is enabled, it would automatically disable that N3DS feature? Seems like a plausible reason as to why it may have purposely been removed in N3DS models.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    cearp @ cearp: As long as you're not going hungry, it's nice to share things with your friends +1