Homebrew WIP NSPower - Switch title installer, manager and more!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tiliarou

Trophies
XP
Country
France
It was obvious from the beginning that it was a fork https://github.com/XorTroll/NSPower/network/members
Is that really an issue ? The point is to provide more feature in this fork, not to miraculously avoid CDN banning your own keys I believe.

DeuX

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Reactions: IcyMeme

Backspace696

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
To be honest that’s what I don’t understand. On CDNSP is possible to use a eshop banned certificate to download from CDN, why don’t developers use the same certificate on their homebrew apps on the Switch?
because if you use eshop banned certificate - Nintendo can ban your console certificate. Which completely block your Switch from online access

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@XorTroll This sounds awesome but I'm wondering the same thing I was wondering about FreeShopNX:
Once I start using this I'll be banned soon and once I'm banned I can't use this to download titles any longer so it's a "use it to get what you want as fast as possible until your hands are cut" or am I wrong?

Of course this only goes for downloading stuff. All other features will be usable offline forever and are nice.

On CDNSP is possible to use a eshop banned certificate to download from CDN
Rly? Didn't know that.

XorTroll

Switching between my 2DS and my Switch
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
@XorTroll This sounds awesome but I'm wondering the same thing I was wondering about FreeShopNX:
Once I start using this I'll be banned soon and once I'm banned I can't use this to download titles any longer so it's a "use it to get what you want as fast as possible until your hands are cut" or am I wrong?

Of course this only goes for downloading stuff. All other features will be usable offline forever and are nice.

Rly? Didn't know that.
The way CDNSP downloads is not the way NSPower or FreeShopNx download. CDNSP access Ninty's servers itself while FreeShopNX uses switch's built-in functions to do that.

As I said, this app needs testing as I want to know the level of ban risk it has, so be careful when using the prebeta if you're going to use it.

Reactions: lordelan

jakkal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The way CDNSP downloads is not the way NSPower or FreeShopNx download. CDNSP access Ninty's servers itself while FreeShopNX uses switch's built-in functions to do that.

As I said, this app needs testing as I want to know the level of ban risk it has, so be careful when using the prebeta if you're going to use it.
add a feature where we can use a public cert
this is still a no no

IcyMeme

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Reactions: Subtle Demise

Dfroberts86

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I gave it a try. It works... I was able to download and install multiple games. It did say there were only 259 titles available. Aren't there way more then that?

Sent from my BND-L24 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool