blawar

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi - I've been trying to get this to work!

Getting this error with the previous version:

E:\CDNSP-GUI-Bob>py -3 nut.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "nut.py", line 268, in <module>
f.move()
File "nut.py", line 110, in move
if not self.fileName():
File "nut.py", line 139, in fileName
if not self.titleId in titles.keys():
AttributeError: 'Nsp' object has no attribute 'titleId'​

Error from the latest version (from 1 hour ago):
E:\CDNSP-GUI-Bob>py -3 nut.py
File "nut.py", line 7
<!DOCTYPE html>
^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax​

Hello dave, your last error is because you didnt save the python file correctly, it looks like you saved an html file instead. Use githubs download all as zip

edit: I just looked at the code, your first error could be caused by a nsp file not having the titleid in the filename in the following format: [titleId]

Last edited by blawar,

morrison22

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
”...I spoke with @kornychaos last night who had the brilliant idea of downloading titles even if we do not have the encryption keys for them, so they can be unlocked later if we you get the title key. So that is the next big update I plan to add.”

Well! I didn’t know this was possible. You would need to know the titleIDs in order to download them even encrypted. I would make encrypted nsps output to a separate folder for future processing.

blawar

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well! I didn’t know this was possible. You would need to know the titleIDs in order to download them even encrypted. I would make encrypted nsps output to a separate folder for future processing.

yes, but title id's are not copyrighted, so we can distribute a list of all of the title id's with the application, and continuously update it.

Reactions: morrison22

Troy896

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ocasionally it stops saying the downloaded amount is not the correct amount. Any way to make it restart when that happens, or if there's a way to stop that?

blawar

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ocasionally it stops saying the downloaded amount is not the correct amount. Any way to make it restart when that happens, or if there's a way to stop that?

I have not encountered that, that is an error generated from CDNSP. Does it continue to download the next title or hard stop?

snoofly

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
nice.
ctrl-a a on bob gui from a while back but you’re looking around
running 1.28Tb for all nsp sans region dupes and demos (apart from super chariot)

btw, there’s a maintained list of all titleids for pre-downloading (inc ones without known keys) on one of the reddit subs.
For ex. it lists 75 ACA Neogeo title ids compared to the 20 we know with keys

morrison22

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In my opinion, I suggest making the default naming scheme reflect this output by editing the .json file:

Game Name [BASE] [TitleID] [v].nsp
Game Name [UPD] [TitleID] [v].nsp
Game Name [DLC] [TitleID] [v].nsp
Game Name [DEMO] [BASE] [TitleID] [v].nsp
Game Name [DEMO] [UPD] [TitleID] [v].nsp

.json file:

Code:
{
    "paths": {
        "titleBase": "./{name} [BASE] [{id}] [v{version}].nsp",
        "titleDLC": "./{name} [DLC] [{id}] [v{version}].nsp",
        "titleUpdate": "./{name} [UPD] [{id}] [v{version}].nsp",
    "titleDemo": "./{name} [{id}] [v{version}].nsp",
    "titleDemoUpdate": "./{name} [UPD] [{id}] [v{version}].nsp",

"scan": "."
    },
    "download": {
        "base": true,
        "update": true,
        "demo": true,
        "dlc": true
    }
}

blawar

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nice.
running 1.28Tb for all nsp sans region dupes and demos (apart from super chariot)

btw, there’s a maintained list of all titleids for pre-downloading (inc ones without known keys) on one of the reddit subs.

which subreddit? I just took a browse through a few and couldnt find it.

cdndave

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If I made these changes and re-executed nut.py would it rename the existing files or just the files going forward?

In my opinion, I suggest making the default naming scheme reflect this output by editing the .json file:

Game Name [BASE] [TitleID] [v].nsp
Game Name [UPD] [TitleID] [v].nsp
Game Name [DLC] [TitleID] [v].nsp
Game Name [DEMO] [BASE] [TitleID] [v].nsp
Game Name [DEMO] [UPD] [TitleID] [v].nsp

.json file:

Code:
{
        "titleBase": "./{name} [BASE] [{id}] [v{version}].nsp",
        "titleDLC": "./{name} [DLC] [{id}] [v{version}].nsp",
        "titleUpdate": "./{name} [UPD] [{id}] [v{version}].nsp",
    "titleDemo": "./{name} [{id}] [v{version}].nsp",
    "titleDemoUpdate": "./{name} [UPD] [{id}] [v{version}].nsp",

"scan": "."
    },
    }
}

morrison22

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I made these changes and re-executed nut.py would it rename the existing files or just the files going forward?

Both. It would rename all existing nsp files in the directory and all files going forward.

I had to manually edit the titlekeys file though to remove the word demo and dlc from the title names, so prior to running NUT, I do an update with cdnsp_next, I take the titlekeys file and copy it in the nut dir, then find and replace any new entries that contain demo or dlc so the naming process that NUT uses produces the file naming scheme I listed above.

Last edited by morrison22,

cdndave

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I updated to the latest files and it stopped working all together - it appears that the "installed.txt" file is corrupted... wouldn't it make sense that this file gets updated as new files are downloaded?

So - if I delete the "installed.txt" file and started over - would if detect the files in the titles folder (vs the _NSPOUT folder)?

Both. It would rename all existing nsp files in the directory and all files going forward.

I had to manually edit the titlekeys file though to remove the word demo and dlc from the title names, so prior to running NUT, I do an update with cdnsp_next, I take the titlekeys file and copy it in the nut dir, then find and replace any new entries that contain demo or dlc so the naming process that NUT uses produces the file naming scheme I listed above.

cdndave

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
FYI - this moves all the files into the root where nut is installed vs the old version that had the games under the titles folder

morrison22

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FYI - this moves all the files into the root where nut is installed vs the old version that had the games under the titles folder

Code:
{
        "titleBase": "/NSP/{name} [BASE] [{id}] [v{version}].nsp",
        "titleDLC": "/NSP/{name} [DLC] [{id}] [v{version}].nsp",
        "titleUpdate": "/NSP/{name} [UPD] [{id}] [v{version}].nsp",
    "titleDemo": "/NSP/{name} [{id}] [v{version}].nsp",
    "titleDemoUpdate": "/NSP/{name} [UPD] [{id}] [v{version}].nsp",

"scan": "./"
    },
    }
}
Right. You can modify it like this if you want to scan any directory NUT is in, and then have the results go to an NSP folder.

Reactions: RahFah

holdengray

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone have any luck with Bob's gui version? I am trying to download all the currently available nsp files. I added the files to the right directory, and get the AutoUpdatedb error. I have tried editing the file mentioned to add the "AutoUpdatedb": false line but when I do that and save it, I'm given another error and Bob's gui version no longer launches unless I remove the added line.

blawar

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone have any luck with Bob's gui version? I am trying to download all the currently available nsp files. I added the files to the right directory, and get the AutoUpdatedb error. I have tried editing the file mentioned to add the "AutoUpdatedb": false line but when I do that and save it, I'm given another error and Bob's gui version no longer launches unless I remove the added line.

it is saying you are missing that keyfile from your cdnsp.json config file. Dont worry about adding it though, just redonload CDNSP.py and nut.py from the github, I gave up trying to not modify CDNSP.py.

morrison22

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
new version gives this error. i just want to rename.

Code:
 python3 nut.py
  File "nut.py", line 12, in <module>
    import CDNSP
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'CDNSP'

If i put a # in front of line 12, i get this error:

Code:
 File "nut.py", line 361, in <module>
    CDNSP.tqdmProgBar = False
NameError: name 'CDNSP' is not defined

EDIT: I figured it out. I have been manually adding the newest titles to the titlekeys file (cuz the latest titlekey has words like dlc and demo in places that i dont want them) and the new entries have to be before the last entry or the above error occurs. So placed the new entries before the last title, which is of "(KOI)"

blawar

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
new version gives this error. i just want to rename.

Code:
 python3 nut.py
  File "nut.py", line 12, in <module>
    import CDNSP
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'CDNSP'

If i put a # in front of line 12, i get this error:

Code:
 File "nut.py", line 361, in <module>
    CDNSP.tqdmProgBar = False
NameError: name 'CDNSP' is not defined

EDIT: I figured it out. I have been manually adding the newest titles to the titlekeys file (cuz the latest titlekey has words like dlc and demo in places that i dont want them) and the new entries have to be before the last entry or the above error occurs. So placed the new entries before the last title, which is of "(KOI)"

I just pushed a new update. It should fix that error you received.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Download the new version, it will fix your issue.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

nice.

Update I just pushed adds the ability to download titles you do not have a ticket for. If you do not have a ticket, it saves the titles with a .nsx extension. They can be unlocked later with the title key.

Troy896

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any luck with my problem? I just wanna run it before I go to work and come back to it done and not crashed 10 games later lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: don't mind me, just liking all of SDIO's posts, they deserve it for...