Hacking NSMBW USB Loader GX Problems

QuantumEx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I made a New Super Mario Bros. Wii rom hack and tried putting it on an USB through WFBS Manager. When I tried to load the game on USB Loader GX it worked until I went into a save file. Inside a save file my game crashed and I had a black screen where I could do nothing. The iso works fine on dolphin. Any ideas on how to get my iso to work?

Last edited by QuantumEx,

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WBFS Manager and WBFS as a partition type is not recommended anymore. You might want to look into converting the HDD to FAT32 using wbfs2fat.py.

WBFS partitions are prone to corruption and can't store save files.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
did you change the gameID?
That game has a piracy check, and USBLoaderGX is patching it but only if it detects the GameID (SMNP01, SMNE01, SMNJ01)
or maybe your mod is affecting the dol and the patches are located at different location, but I don't think you ever modified the dol, only the resources, so it's probably a different gameID or you did something which crashes on real hardware that Dolphin can "pass through" without crashing.
emulators are usually less strict than real hardware.

Last edited by Cyan,

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NSMBW needs a patch to work because it uses the burst cutting area of the disc as protection like Gamecube discs did. USB Loader GX determines whether the patch needs to be applied by the title ID, so you'll either have to keep the original ID or compile GX with the new ID included.

QuantumEx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Before I changed the Game ID I tried running the game and it still wouldn't work, however I think I changed the name to something other than the original when I was trying that. Does the name matter?

MarioMasta64

hi. i make batch stuff and portable shiz
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
Before I changed the Game ID I tried running the game and it still wouldn't work, however I think I changed the name to something other than the original when I was trying that. Does the name matter?
i used wii backup manager to convert the game and it worked perfectly for me try it and see if it works for you (it automatically changes the titles and everything for you if you goto settings and enable it)

MarioMasta64

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
If anyone wants to try running it themselves, here is the link.
-snip-
linking to games is strictly prohibited, id suggest you remove the link from your post.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If anyone wants to try running it themselves, here is the link.

-snip-
ill try running it through wii backup manager and tell you if it works

Last edited by MarioMasta64,

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I know that the game works, I was playing it last night, but mine came off my retail disc. Perhaps check the game partition with Dolphin and make sure it's not corrupted?

MarioMasta64

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
Well I know that the game works, I was playing it last night, but mine came off my retail disc. Perhaps check the game partition with Dolphin and make sure it's not corrupted?
same, i backed up mine from my disc and used wii backup manager to convert it for usb loader, worked perfectly for me.

QuantumEx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it may be a problem with when I added a code to unlock all worlds then later I took it off and it corrupted my saves somehow.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Brb