Gaming NSMB:Wii update?

edomedo

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I bought the NSMB game today and I (kids) would like to play it. Of course it is asking to update. I have not done anything to the 3.3u wii since I did the twilight hak, with gamma backup launcher 0.3 ios249.

How can I safely go about playing this store bought disc ? Thanks for any input.

misteromar

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have 4.2 Wii PAL, updated by a guide from here, not the official update, it has homebrew channel, usbloaders etc.

I updated from the NSMB disc, the only thing it did was over right bootmii, but all I had to do was re-install it and every thing is fine.

afnuke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used the full ntsc version and was on 4.0. It did one update that took about 15 seconds and I was on 4.1......nothing changed for me, including the fact that it still wont run.

cobleman

Trophies
XP
Country
Just Use Dopios 8 and install ios53, 55, 56, 57 problem solved and something like Starfall or Startpatch to stop all auto updates. I dont like preloader can have some issues with 3.2 to3.4 system menus

Lazycus

Rotten
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Gamemaster1379 said:
Pete666 said:
Gamemaster1379 said:
Pete666 said:
If I'm already 4.1u so no problems if I buy the game?
If you buy an American copy upon release, no, nothing will happen CONSIDERING that the NTSC copy uses 4.1U. If you get a foreign copy (through methods of piracy or importing, I'm not one to judge), then regardless, it'll ask for an update to 4.1E (or 4.XJ if you decide to go that route and (don't know what the version will be, so I'm using X). But most homebrew bypasses updates anyway. I use Neogamma, no update problems. I think that Preloader offers a bypass, and there's brickblocker and all that floating around nowadays anyway.

tl;dr, there shouldn't be.

Ok thanx a lot! Another question, I'm very noob with all those boot thing.. it said in a lot of forum that NSMBW will install boot2v4.. did I have boot2v4 with my 4.1u update?

How can I know which Boot2 I have on my system?
I've very limited knowledge on this and what it does, unfortunately to say. Hopefully somebody can better assist you, but I would assume that you don't. Booting sequence overwriting didn't come out until 4.2 system updates. So I would seriously doubt that NSMBWii would have it. If it were to actually include it, it shouldn't install until it does a system update anyway.

It does have boot2v4 on it. You probably have boot2v2 or boot2v3 depending on how old your Wii is. The disc channel will check the update partition and if it finds ANYTHING (boot2, channels, IOS, system menu) newer it will update it. Even if you are at 4.1 already it will still want to update your boot2. The only thing that will happen as a result of installing boot2v4 is that BootMii/boot2 will be overwritten if you installed it. All this info is detailed by bushing over at hackmii.com.

ELY_M

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am on 3.0U
I use geckos 1.9.3 to load the game and It block update from the game disc.
The game play perfectly.

reginator

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The issue for me is that my Wii is a family machine, so when my brothers and sister wan t to play NSMB:wii, I won't always be around to gecko OS it for them, so I pretty much needed to figure out if playing the disc like normal and updating to 4.1 would remove or change anything. BootMii isnt a problem, I dont even think I have it, in my current config.

themarinos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
edomedo said:
So I bought the NSMB game today and I (kids) would like to play it. Of course it is asking to update. I have not done anything to the 3.3u wii since I did the twilight hak, with gamma backup launcher 0.3 ios249.

How can I safely go about playing this store bought disc ? Thanks for any input.

Finally found someone that was on 3.3u, who used the twilight hack. Guess what I did, and it was pretty ballsy...I updated using the NSMB update to 4.1U. I have Homebrew still with cIOS249 and 250. Used AnyTitleDeleter to see the newest IOS put on my Wii (they added 59 and 60, one is needed for system menu 4.1). Now, I didn't have much on my Wii when it came to Homebrew applications (a couple of games and emulators), so I deleted them before the update. All is well, but unfortunately NSMB gave me a read error (possibly bad disc or hardware firmware upgrade needed). The purpose of this blog is to let you know that if you have homebrew with cIOS, and are on 3.3U, you can update to 4.1U via NSMB. I now have up-to-date IOSs. But don't go to 4.2 system menu as you've probably read.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!