Gaming NSMB:Wii update?

reginator

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm thinking about actually purchasing the New Super Mario Bros for the Wii, but I want to know if the game comes with a forced 4.0 or higher update. I don't want to buy a game only to find I can't play it cause I don't want to update my wii and lose all my customization. D:

reginator

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Okay, thanks guys. Does 4.1 have anything breaking or specific I should know about? I remember I avoided updating back when it came out, but I can't remember why.
frown.gif

reginator

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks again Satangel! The "copy protected save files" is not a big deal i'm guessing, as all updates have done that. So if it won't mess with anything else, NSMB here I come!

razorback78

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
reginator said:
I'm thinking about actually purchasing the New Super Mario Bros for the Wii, but I want to know if the game comes with a forced 4.0 or higher update. I don't want to buy a game only to find I can't play it cause I don't want to update my wii and lose all my customization. D:
why worry? you could even run the game at 3.2 system menu. use neogamma off cios249rev14 then you could play the game.

Pete666

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Bladexdsl said:
it has 4.1

hi!

Where did you get this information?

I'm on 4.1u so I can buy the game and it won't update with anything with the 4.2 update?

I want to stay on 4.1u

Gamemaster1379

Trophies
Website
1379tech.110mb.com
XP
Country
United States
Pete666 said:
If I'm already 4.1u so no problems if I buy the game?
If you buy an American copy upon release, no, nothing will happen CONSIDERING that the NTSC copy uses 4.1U. If you get a foreign copy (through methods of piracy or importing, I'm not one to judge), then regardless, it'll ask for an update to 4.1E (or 4.XJ if you decide to go that route and (don't know what the version will be, so I'm using X). But most homebrew bypasses updates anyway. I use Neogamma, no update problems. I think that Preloader offers a bypass, and there's brickblocker and all that floating around nowadays anyway.

tl;dr, there shouldn't be.

Pete666

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Gamemaster1379 said:
Pete666 said:
If you buy an American copy upon release, no, nothing will happen CONSIDERING that the NTSC copy uses 4.1U. If you get a foreign copy (through methods of piracy or importing, I'm not one to judge), then regardless, it'll ask for an update to 4.1E (or 4.XJ if you decide to go that route and (don't know what the version will be, so I'm using X). But most homebrew bypasses updates anyway. I use Neogamma, no update problems. I think that Preloader offers a bypass, and there's brickblocker and all that floating around nowadays anyway.

Ok thanx a lot! Another question, I'm very noob with all those boot thing.. it said in a lot of forum that NSMBW will install boot2v4.. did I have boot2v4 with my 4.1u update?

How can I know which Boot2 I have on my system?

Gamemaster1379

Trophies
Website
1379tech.110mb.com
XP
Country
United States
Pete666 said:
Gamemaster1379 said:
Pete666 said:

Ok thanx a lot! Another question, I'm very noob with all those boot thing.. it said in a lot of forum that NSMBW will install boot2v4.. did I have boot2v4 with my 4.1u update?

How can I know which Boot2 I have on my system?
I've very limited knowledge on this and what it does, unfortunately to say. Hopefully somebody can better assist you, but I would assume that you don't. Booting sequence overwriting didn't come out until 4.2 system updates. So I would seriously doubt that NSMBWii would have it. If it were to actually include it, it shouldn't install until it does a system update anyway.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM