Now you tell me?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by detail, Mar 8, 2017.

1. detail
    OP

detail Member

Newcomer
    Feb 19, 2017
    United States
    I just found out I need wifi:

I'm in Decrypt9, can I just restart the 3DS to make sure it's on and have it connect to wifi?

Also is this on by default:

Can I back out and check it? It was brand new, just booted to test it when I bought it.

Finally, to make the back up, do I need a 2nd SD card if I have 4GB MicroSD card?

Thanks for any help you can give, I just don't want to brick this 3DS.

2. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    If it was brand new you would have had the option to set up parental controls during initial setup. If you didn't choose to enable parental controls then, then they won't be enabled.

What stage are you on? If you haven't started the 2.1 CTR transfer yet, DEFINITELY check that you have a valid WiFi connection set up!!

A 4GB card is fine, as long as you have about 1GB free after adding the CTR transfer files for old 3DS, or about 1.5GB if a new 3DS.

Last edited by Quantumcat, Mar 8, 2017
  3. detail
    OP

detail Member

Newcomer
    Feb 19, 2017
    United States
    I haven't started it yet. I just got to Decrypt9. Can I shut it off and it will be fine to connect to wifi?

It was new, the guy I got it from literally took it out of the box, booted it so I could stick a game cartridge in it and try it out. So i figure he didn't enable it.

Last edited by detail, Mar 8, 2017
  4. Quantumcat

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    Yeah you can press Start to reboot. Depending how you got to Decrypt9, that might exit to the homebrew launcher. In which case press Start again for options on exiting it. Turning off your console is fine too, if you haven't started any processes.
    While you're there, check on parental controls. If the guy didn't have to go through the whole set up procedure then it isn't new.

detail likes this.
  5. detail
    OP

detail Member

Newcomer
    Feb 19, 2017
    United States
    Ok, do I need to remove the files on the MicroSD card and do everything step by step to start again or can I boot into HBL and then launch fasthax and safehax to get to Decrypt9?

6. Quantumcat

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    You can just boot into HBL again etc yes :-)

detail likes this.