Hacking Now that Mario Party 2 is out...

  • Thread starter Thread starter Schlupi
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 19,135
  • Replies Replies 12

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Member
Joined
Aug 31, 2007
Messages
3,985
Solutions
9
Reaction score
165
Trophies
1
Age
34
Location
Rozen Queen Co, Chicago Branch
Website
starmen.net
XP
767
Country
United States
Hey Wii section. I was wondering if anybody here has tried injecting Mario Party 1 or Mario Party 3 roms into the new Mario Party 2 WAD that was just released.

Prior to today, it has been impossible to inject 1 & 3 but it MIGHT be possible with this officially released Mario Party 2.

I checked a few other sites and nobody knows yet.

Anybody here try it yet? Or can somebody here try it to see if it works? I have no idea how to inject WADs and I tried and failed. >_>
 
It just may be. We Will have to see on this one. Can some real Wii scholar answer this question?
 
Can't inject any N64 that uses the newer romc compression
frown.gif
 
does somebody know which IOS is needed for MP2? I can't get the game to start, my 4.0u wii restart after I choose start.
 
Code:
Path: '00010001\4E415A45'
Type: Channel Title
TitleID: 'NAZE'ÂÂÂÂManufacturerID: 01
IOS Flag: IOS56ÂÂÂÂRegion Flag: USA
Data files: 8
Size: 34725505 - 44482116 byte (265 - 340 blocks)

It uses IOS56, what WAD installer are you using? Have you tried it in Wad man 1.7?
 
raztheraz said:
tubebar said:
Can't inject any N64 that uses the newer romc compression
frown.gif

Can you explain this?
Roms in VC channels are compressed, the compressed ROM is named "romc" (without extensions). There was a compressor/decompressor available, but some time ago Nintendo changed the algorythm and AFAIK it hasn't been figured out yet.
 
tubebar said:
Code:
Path: '00010001\4E415A45'
Type: Channel Title
TitleID: 'NAZE'ÂÂÂÂManufacturerID: 01
IOS Flag: IOS56ÂÂÂÂRegion Flag: USA
Data files: 8
Size: 34725505 - 44482116 byte (265 - 340 blocks)

It uses IOS56, what WAD installer are you using? Have you tried it in Wad man 1.7?

Thank you, I just installed IOS56 and now it works fine, and I was using YAWM.
 
Perhaps try injecting them into other n64 VC's that are easier to work with? Or are 1 and 3 known to be problematic with other n64 VC bases?
 

Site & Scene News

New Hot Discussed User Submitted