Homebrew [Not64] OOT pause issue

ClintonfromNevada

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Currently using Not64 to play OOT in glorious 240p on my CRT. However, I'm looking for a way to fix the horrendous 3-5 screensecond pause delay.

I'm aware that this issue is common for all emulators, but I've also read that some users have managed to find a workaround with gameshark/cheat codes for the emulators that support it

Unfortunately, to my knowledge, this can't be done in Not64 or any other Wii emulator since none of them support cheats.

BUT, I've also read that it's possible to "patch in" cheats to roms using hex editors, or at least, add something that would create the same effect.

Could anyone help me add the workaround codes for pause screen issues to a 1.0 version of OOT? Any advice or help would really be appreciated, thank you :)

momodora

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
If you go into the menu of Not64 (just press reset on the wii), you should enable FB Textures.

This doesn't completely fix the problem, but it does speed up the menu access and close.

I went from 5-7 seconds menu opening, to down to 2-3 seconds menu opening, and 1/2 second to close the menu.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse