Dark_anth

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok so i got this new acer laptop for christas. its great but i cant install anything
frown.gif
wtf right? so i want to keylog my account so i can nab his password so i can change a few things. like if he logs in or something.
i cant install anything so can someone install a keylogger temporaraly on there computer and get the program files and put them in a zip or rar so i can get his password? it would be much appriciated!!!!! thanks
smile.gif
yaypsp.gif

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
(this is assuming you have xp)

download a live disk of linux (doesn't matter which) and copy

C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\system
and
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SAM

then on another pc that has admin privileges, run this and choose brute force attack, select the system and sam files that you copied off the other computer and it will give you the password of every account on that pc

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Dark_anth said:
coolbho3000 said:
Just format the computer and reinstall Windows without any restrictions. Then tell him you'd like control of your own hardware.

no can do
frown.gif
lol he would kill me

Not sure if this works in vista (worked in XP, though. And I don't know what OS you have).

Can you boot into safe mode? I'm not even sure which account has the password. Is it the main administrator account, or an account he made himself? Is an account called "Administrator" showing at the login screen?

I'll try and give some details once those questions get answered.

Banger

Me > | | < You ..Wanna Line dance?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Here is the plan.... Get some paint that will show up with a black light but cant be seen with the naked eye... Get it on his fingers somehow... Then trick him into typing the password then kick him out and use the black light. congrats you have spied yourself an admin password....

nicman000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Law said:
Dark_anth said:
coolbho3000 said:
Just format the computer and reinstall Windows without any restrictions. Then tell him you'd like control of your own hardware.

no can do
frown.gif
lol he would kill me

Not sure if this works in vista (worked in XP, though. And I don't know what OS you have).

Can you boot into safe mode? I'm not even sure which account has the password. Is it the main administrator account, or an account he made himself? Is an account called "Administrator" showing at the login screen?

I'll try and give some details once those questions get answered.

There you go, several answers already.

As for mine http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/bootdisk.html

coolbho3000

GBATemp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed SoySauce Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Banger said:
Here is the plan.... Get some paint that will show up with a black light but cant be seen with the naked eye... Get it on his fingers somehow... Then trick him into typing the password then kick him out and use the black light. congrats you have spied yourself an admin password....
The problem is, you don't know which order it's in. Say the password was 8 characters long. That makes 40,320 possible combinations.

Banger

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
coolbho3000 said:
Banger said:
The problem is, you don't know which order it's in. Say the password was 8 characters long. That makes 40,320 possible combinations.

Well many people usually use names or words they can remember so that decreases the number of possible combinations. Also I was kidding.

player_x

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Banger said:
coolbho3000 said:
Banger said:

Well many people usually use names or words they can remember so that decreases the number of possible combinations. Also I was kidding.

This is the reason I like to use Ophcrack. It makes the whole process so simple you don't need to copy the SAM file no risk of corruption of any files. Just burn and reboot. see this youtube vid on how easy it is

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Banger said:
coolbho3000 said:
Banger said:

what if he goes on to type more than that?

Translucentbill

Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
Banger said:

Isnt that from National Treasure?
tongue.gif

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Translucentbill said:
Banger said:

tongue.gif
Actually, I think he used some sort of spray to make the fingerprints viewable on the keyboard.
wink.gif

Diablo1123

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
granville said:
Translucentbill said:
Banger said:

tongue.gif
Actually, I think he used some sort of spray to make the fingerprints viewable on the keyboard.
wink.gif
No he did do that, which is why he sent the coin before, and covered it with the paint.

Banger

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
science said:
Banger said:
coolbho3000 said:
Banger said:

what if he goes on to type more than that?

That is why you have to get him out of the room right away so he does not have a chance to type anymore. A good diversion is start the house on fire.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SpookyBaker @ SpookyBaker: btw my updated location I listed isn't exactly where I wanted it to be, but it's very close to...