rinajati

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Hello everyone:

First of all, i would like to apologize if this is not the right section, or if this has been answered before (the search function didn't throw much results due to the character limit, and the terms i was searching), also, you'll excuse any grammar/spelling issues, since my english is a bit rusty.

Now, onto the question itself:

Lately i've had issues with some ISOs (Guitar Hero 5, NSMBW, Resident Evil DC, Tatsunoko vs. among others (edit: could add Kamen Rider and Spellbound to the list) where i follow the usual procedure before burning any files (pass the iso trough some program like Update Remover o Syn. Region Changer), and strangely, the software states that it's "not a valid Wii Iso" (even though, Region Change details the data of the game, and allows me to change it's region).

Now, using a USB loader method, i have no problems playing such titles, but when i burn the file and try to load it trough the DVD drive, the console doesn't recognize it (the banner doesn't even show up on the disc channel).

Can someone explain this to me? is there a solution? am i doing something wrong in the burn process? (using IMGburn at 4x).

Cheers, and thanks in advance.

rinajati

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Slimmmmmm said:
Don't patch your games.

What? Why? Does it affect somehow the iso? If that's what you are suggesting, i seem to recall burning a couple of those images before patching and it's the same problem.

I don't mean to sound ungrateful, but you really are not throwing much light into this issue...i mean with 4 words it's kinda hard to get any info out of you.

If you actually have any idea of what's going on, please elaborate/explain, i know i'm listening, and i'm sure a lot more people are too.

Cheers and thanks in advance.

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry I won't write a huge explanation.

Patching game = bad (99% of the time)

I've no idea if this is causing your problem, but you don't need to patch games usually for anything (there are a few exceptions).

Also you've not gave good info, your saying they don't work through the disc channel, well they wont unless either you have a mod chip, cioscorp or are running them using a cios.

rinajati

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Slimmmmmm said:
Sorry I won't write a huge explanation.

Patching game = bad (99% of the time)

I've no idea if this is causing your problem, but you don't need to patch games usually for anything (there are a few exceptions).

Also you've not gave good info, your saying they don't work through the disc channel, well they wont unless either you have a mod chip, cioscorp or are running them using a cios.

First of all, thanks for taking the time to respond.

Regarding your response.

1) Why is patching an iso a bad thing?, with the exception of the games i mentioned, i haven't had any issue with the games.
As far as i'm aware, the only change is the region and removes any updates, which i've been told have no effect on the game itself (no trucha or anything like it).

2) I use the region patch for obvious reasons; that is, play a game from a different region than mine (play pal on my ntsc-u), i've had problems with pal games not working (black screen, but from what i understand, that has to do with the video signal not being compatible (or coded in the game); in fact, some pal games that throw a black screen on a regular old tv, work fine with a compatible NTSC/PAL tv i have).Update remover, also i use it for obvious reasons, and that is, prevent unwanted updates on my system wich are not needed, specially from PAL games, which can lead to a brick.

From what i understand, both are needed, and not an exception in any way.

3) Now regarding the lack of "good info" as you put it, i forgot to mention, alas, i think it's pretty obvious tho, that i do have a method of loading backups on my Wii, either way, i have a mod chip DC2key (i think that was the name) installed, and like i mentioned a method of loading backups trough a USB HDD.

Like i said anyway, i don't think it's the patching that's screwing up the iso, since i also tried burning them without patching (NTSC of course), tho, without luck of them loading up on the disk cannel.

Cheers

ddetkowski

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't worry, I use IOS patcher to patch my ISO's, and some newer games can't be patched with it.
It seems if you don't patch it, you have problems.Example: Not Patching House of the dead 1,2,3 would not load 2,
patching fixed it.
Some other games needed patching, cant rem which ones.
But, for the most part, I patch any that can patch, without much problems.
And so far only older games need patching, and not many, at that.

Am0s

Mojo Risin
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I had a few ISO's through IOS patcher syaing not a valid ISO, still I burnt the ISO and it worked a few times, now I dont even use IOSpatcher anymore, if it says ISO is not valid just burn it, dvd's cost pence these days

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
Patching isn't detected now but in the future Nintendo may add checks, if that was the case do you keep 1:1 copies (I don't think you would)
Your chip (most if not all chips) can handle different regions of games and iirc your chip can also block updates, if not you can use priiloader or similar to block updates from discs and also online updates.
Usb loaders when ripping a disc can remove the updates, and usb loaders give a region free play.
I'm just someone that sees no need in patching a disc.

Now as for you burning them in IMGBurn @ 4X speed, that's fine no problem. Have you changed brands of DVD you use ? (if you have this maybe the problem)

Maybe your chips firmware needs updated, or the games are trucha patched and you need the trucha bug on the system menu IOS.

rinajati

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Yeah, i've tried diferent brands, no luck...patched, unpatched.

Can anyone explain this "not a valid wii iso" ordeal? All the isos that the pc software recognizes as "not valid" don't work from the disc channel (chipped wii, tho, they work with the USB loader).

This just can't be a coincidence...and i'm amazed at how nobody else seems to have this problem, since Google doesn't throw info on the subject.

I repeat, some of the isos i've had problems with are Guitar Hero 5, Resident Evil Darkside Chronicles, Tatsunoko vs. Capcom, i've re-downloaded such isos, from different sources, release groups, but alas, no luck.

rinajati

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
BobTheJoeBob said:
Its an anti-piracy gimmick by nintendo, find a pre-patched version of the game and it should come up as a valid iso

Ok, that sounds reasonable enough.

Now i'm more than aware that no download can be made available on this forum, so obviously i'm not going to ask any links for it; but instead of fishing for a "proper" release, how can identify a "valid" iso? Or even better...any way i could patch a "non valid iso" myself to make it work?.

Cheers, thanks in advance.

BobTheJoeBob

The most optimistic person on the temp. :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
rinajati said:
BobTheJoeBob said:
Its an anti-piracy gimmick by nintendo, find a pre-patched version of the game and it should come up as a valid iso

Now i'm more than aware that no download can be made available on this forum, so obviously i'm not going to ask any links for it; but instead of fishing for a "proper" release, how can identify a "valid" iso? Or even better...any way i could patch a "non valid iso" myself to make it work?.

There was a way, but I've forgotten and I remember having some trouble with it. I'll search it up and see if I can help.

EDIT: Here's a link to a tutorial that shows you how to get it to work on uloader, should help you. http://adewii.wordpress.com/2009/11/13/how...ing-on-uloader/ This is for NSMBW, if you want your other games just google
"(insert game name here) pre-patched".

rinajati

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
BobTheJoeBob said:
rinajati said:
BobTheJoeBob said:

there was a way, but I've forgotten and i remember having some trouble with it. but i'll search it up and see if i can help

EDIT: here's a link to a tutorial that shows you how to get it to work on uloader, should help you http://adewii.wordpress.com/2009/11/13/how...ing-on-uloader/ this is for NSMBW if you want your other games just goolgle
"(insert game name here) pre-patched"

Bob, i apreciate your help, however, i didn't find any helpfull information on the page you linked, nor does your google "method" helps me in finding information regarding the games i have problems.

I have no problems loading those "not valid isos" trough the USB Loader, but the same "not valid isos" when i burn them to a disc are not even recognized by the disc channel.

Those game that on the PC software are recognized as "not valid" are the only ones i have problems, every single other game, has no problem whatsoever.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill