boobooman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all,

I've been following this guide

https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-4-(Getting-the-OTP)

I'm at the very end of Part 4,

So downgraded to 2.0.1 and now trying to writing my sysNAND back...

But it keeps telling me Not a proper NAND Backup, Might be bricked!

Ive made 2 sysNAND backs throughout the guide, sysNAND.bin and sysNAND_Original.bin but they both say the same!

o3ds isnt bricked as im on 2.0.1 but not a clue where to go from here!!

Was going so well!

tipsytoto

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't try this but before declaring it bricked, since 10.6 is currently hackable and the latest firmware could you not just upgrade via system settings and then redowngrade to 9.2? Someone more knowledgeable about the a9lh process can probably explain the downside of my suggestion so I'd wait on that.

boobooman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Don't try this but before declaring it bricked, since 10.6 is currently hackable and the latest firmware could you not just upgrade via system settings and then redowngrade to 9.2? Someone more knowledgeable about the a9lh process can probably explain the downside of my suggestion so I'd wait on that.

I was on 9.9 so could use the browserhax, I dont have the games for the 10.6 hack... I don't understand how both backups are bad.

gkoelho

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I had this very thing happened to me during the process. The sysnand backup seemed to be corrupted at some point and was not rocognized as valid backup.

I had to flash another 9.2 sysnand backup to it. U can also flash the formatted emunand u have done on previous steps.

As u already have your otp files, if nothing else works, u can update to 10.6, downgrade via ninjahax to 9.2 and then finish installing a9lh

TerraCadence

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If only I had seen this an hour ago. :^)
I used a cartridge to update to 7.1 after the exact thing happened to me, and now my console is majorly screwed.

gkoelho

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I literally can't do anything. I just made a thread describing my problem, but basically no system settings, no internet browser, no recovery menu, no cartridge loading. Nothing. No way to update.

just saw your thread. The case is that carts have dummy upgrades, they dont really upgrade everything.

I guess u can solve getting it hardmodded.

boobooman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Last edited by boobooman,

thezenith

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I had this exact same issue following the guide to the letter, switched the OTP Helper version to the suggested one and it still wouldn't load the backups. Tried updating via system settings so I could downgrade again, and now I'm getting "An error has occurred" or a black screen with background music (when I try to boot into recovery mode).
Any advice?

TerraCadence

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had this exact same issue following the guide to the letter, switched the OTP Helper version to the suggested one and it still wouldn't load the backups. Tried updating via system settings so I could downgrade again, and now I'm getting "An error has occurred" or a black screen with background music (when I try to boot into recovery mode).
Any advice?

The only way I can load in is if I'm holding L+R+A+Up before I press the power button.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill