Not a proper NAND Backup.

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by boobooman, Mar 12, 2016.

1. boobooman
    OP

boobooman Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 7, 2008
    Hi all,

I've been following this guide

https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-4-(Getting-the-OTP)

I'm at the very end of Part 4,

So downgraded to 2.0.1 and now trying to writing my sysNAND back...

But it keeps telling me Not a proper NAND Backup, Might be bricked!

Ive made 2 sysNAND backs throughout the guide, sysNAND.bin and sysNAND_Original.bin but they both say the same!

o3ds isnt bricked as im on 2.0.1 but not a clue where to go from here!!

Was going so well!

2. tipsytoto

tipsytoto GBAtemp Regular

Nov 8, 2011
    United States
    Don't try this but before declaring it bricked, since 10.6 is currently hackable and the latest firmware could you not just upgrade via system settings and then redowngrade to 9.2? Someone more knowledgeable about the a9lh process can probably explain the downside of my suggestion so I'd wait on that.

3. boobooman
    OP

Newcomer
    Mar 7, 2008
    I was on 9.9 so could use the browserhax, I dont have the games for the 10.6 hack... I don't understand how both backups are bad.

4. gkoelho

gkoelho GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 16, 2015
    Brazil
    I had this very thing happened to me during the process. The sysnand backup seemed to be corrupted at some point and was not rocognized as valid backup.

I had to flash another 9.2 sysnand backup to it. U can also flash the formatted emunand u have done on previous steps.

As u already have your otp files, if nothing else works, u can update to 10.6, downgrade via ninjahax to 9.2 and then finish installing a9lh

5. Manuel9181

Manuel9181 GBAtemp Prosecutor

May 26, 2015
    Italy
    Last edited by Manuel9181, Mar 12, 2016
  6. TerraCadence

TerraCadence Member

Newcomer
    Feb 8, 2016
    United States
    If only I had seen this an hour ago. :^)
    I used a cartridge to update to 7.1 after the exact thing happened to me, and now my console is majorly screwed.

7. gkoelho

Apr 16, 2015
    Brazil
    Update and re-downgrade?

8. TerraCadence

TerraCadence Member

Newcomer
    Feb 8, 2016
    United States
    I literally can't do anything. I just made a thread describing my problem, but basically no system settings, no internet browser, no recovery menu, no cartridge loading. Nothing. No way to update.

9. gkoelho

Apr 16, 2015
    Brazil
    just saw your thread. The case is that carts have dummy upgrades, they dont really upgrade everything.

I guess u can solve getting it hardmodded.

10. TerraCadence

TerraCadence Member

Newcomer
    Feb 8, 2016
    United States
    Well, after the 20th time trying to start recovery mode, it loaded.. Fingers crossed guys.

11. boobooman
    OP

Newcomer
    Mar 7, 2008
    THANKS! Sorry was having a blone moment and didnt see how i was going to load them. Now it get it :D Thanks!! nand is now restoring, FINGERS CROSSED!

And Nand restored... New pants are needed :D

Last edited by boobooman, Mar 12, 2016
  12. thezenith

thezenith Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 12, 2016
    Canada
    I had this exact same issue following the guide to the letter, switched the OTP Helper version to the suggested one and it still wouldn't load the backups. Tried updating via system settings so I could downgrade again, and now I'm getting "An error has occurred" or a black screen with background music (when I try to boot into recovery mode).
    Any advice?

13. TerraCadence

TerraCadence Member

Newcomer
    Feb 8, 2016
    United States
    The only way I can load in is if I'm holding L+R+A+Up before I press the power button.