ROM Hack Not a DS translation but...

ben nahalewski

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So the game Micromon is a fun enough game on its own but for the sake of doing it i've started modding the game art to pokemon. it's a work in progress but I'd like to ask anyone willing to help and eventually translate this to other languages since I've only seen english in it directories and haven't tested native languages.

I'm not by any means a sprite designer and made noob attempt at adding mega blaziken to the game didn't look the greatest but worked in terms of "hey it's possible".

Changes:
no art work belongs to me or audio

title music to X & Y theme song
boot logo audio to say pikachu
joystick to pokemon theme
store icons
pokedex and caught/not caught icons to pokeballs
chips to pokeballs
title screen to pokemon theme

Need:
Someone with sprite skills
Later Story editing

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I didin't got th idea at all, are you modding an exitant game to pokemon? o3o it will be like a textura patch for the actual game or tecically a new one?

ben nahalewski

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The game bin is only encrypted all plist contain dialogue and items so yes it's more a cosmetic patch digging deeper would allow a complete story/ and attempt to adding additional content. I was able to get Pokemon y sprites to load into the game but fps weren't right. I think this has loads of potential.

RevPokemon

GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didin't got th idea at all, are you modding an exitant game to pokemon? o3o it will be like a textura patch for the actual game or tecically a new one?
Generally speaking it is a new game that is based off an existing game. Personally I believe in Mike Matei's view which is a game made from/or using (parts of) a game is a hack while a homebrew is completely original.

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The game bin is only encrypted all plist contain dialogue and items so yes it's more a cosmetic patch digging deeper would allow a complete story/ and attempt to adding additional content. I was able to get Pokemon y sprites to load into the game but fps weren't right. I think this has loads of potential.

umm interesting but could me nicer calling it "pokemon something" than " pokemon Y" and stuffs XD and ays look for composer ou someone that play the musics you want, and but in the game .. (just a ideia for it looking more original, not that you MUST do that :v), and about the sprite, shouldn't be better redrawm them ?
I will have to get a look on the original game to see if I want to take part XD but I liked the idea, and I could help with graphic stuffs o3o (The japanese logo just catched me haha XD)
Generally speaking it is a new game that is based off an existing game. Personally I believe in Mike Matei's view which is a game made from/or using (parts of) a game is a hack while a homebrew is completely original.

wel using a game script/system and changing a lot of it is like creating a new game with that one as base o3o I wanted to know if would be just an "texture hack" or something more o3o

RevPokemon

GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
umm interesting but could me nicer calling it "pokemon something" than " pokemon Y" and stuffs XD and ays look for composer ou someone that play the musics you want, and but in the game .. (just a ideia for it looking more original, not that you MUST do that :v), and about the sprite, shouldn't be better redrawm them ?
I will have to get a look on the original game to see if I want to take part XD but I liked the idea, and I could help with graphic stuffs o3o (The japanese logo just catched me haha XD)

wel using a game script/system and changing a lot of it is like creating a new game with that one as base o3o I wanted to know if would be just an "texture hack" or something more o3o

I know its a "new" what I was reffering to is a "hack" can be a type of new game like Mari0

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, lol +1