Hacking NoPsnDrm bypass not working?

YugiSenpai

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Did what the instructions said but it doesn't work or am I misunderstanding what drm bypass is....

I tried to download a game from the psn store and it gave error,
Tried ps3 transfer but still error.

Daggot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not meant for either of those purposes. First of all the name is NoNPDRM, It dumps and plays encrypted vita games and PSN content without having to decrypt them and has the ability to create fake licenses for content that you didn't buy or don't have the license for. It will not allow downloads on PSN or the like. The most you can do is download updates straight from livearea without any worry. Nobody has found a way around the PSN issue yet.

here's a writeup on it by it's creator

https://github.com/TheOfficialFloW/NoNpDrm

sloppycrap

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
It's not meant for either of those purposes. First of all the name is NoNPDRM, It dumps and plays encrypted vita games and PSN content without having to decrypt them and has the ability to create fake licenses for content that you didn't buy or don't have the license for.

This is not correct. It allows someone who has a legitimate license for the game to create a fake license. That fake license allows the game to be played on another system with the plugin installed.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the op has two plugins confused. there's a net bypass plugin which no longer works. it allowed you to connect to psn to activate your account. then, there's nonpdrm which generates a fake license to replace a real one. op, you'll know if the plugin is working, because either a license will be generated or a dumped game will work. I think you'll get an error with a dumped game using nonpdrm if it's not set up correctly.

Reactions: YugiSenpai

YugiSenpai

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think the op has two plugins confused. there's a net bypass plugin which no longer works. it allowed you to connect to psn to activate your account. then, there's nonpdrm which generates a fake license to replace a real one. op, you'll know if the plugin is working, because either a license will be generated or a dumped game will work. I think you'll get an error with a dumped game using nonpdrm if it's not set up correctly.
So there is no way to install purchased games?
What's the difference between this and pirated vpks?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I don't believe they'll work unless you're on the latest firmware. nonpdrm generates a fake license while keeping the integrity of the game intact, so in other words, the games are complete and encrypted.

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

With NoNPDRM you are using legit encrypted game files and a fake license to play said files, games such as Axiom Verge that Vitamin and Maidumptool cant dump can now be dumped/played thanks to NoNPDRM.

tivanh

Trophies
XP
Country
Think of this as a similar tool as ones for mining titlekeys for the 3ds.

Now remember Freeshop, ciangel etc all need these keys/tickets/licence to get games to work. Without a purchaser mining their keys/tickets/licence and sharing them, the said game will not be available on freeshop etc.

You can have badly structured dumps that work with various bugs or as close to authentic dumps, even downloaded from the makers own server with just fudgeing the keys/tickets/licence.

Freeshop for the psvita.... sure. But first we need database of shared licence files and a data base of title id direct sony links. Both are very easily achieved if we work together. The upside for anti piracy advocates here is that no game unpurchased will ever be pirated in this manner.

We need the

Tomy Sakazaki

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Not yet, I'm kinda at the same boat, can't dump my legit games and DLC because the vita with 3.60 isn't activated with the account I use to buy them.
In short terms (and leaving lots of details out), vpk dumpers (mai and vitamin) does some patching directly to game files to make them run (as henkaku and taihen by themselves won't directly offer patches to run pirated games).
NoNPDRM dumps gets the files from carts/installations, doesn't patch them, what the plugin patches is the process that VITA use to check if the game is legit or not (it generates a fake license and the plugin forces the console to accept this license).
EDIT: I may have misused some terms, but I think that the basic premises are correct.

Last edited by Tomy Sakazaki,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them