KingdomBlade

Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)
OP
Trophies
Website
meekpicture.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Imageshack got hacked by something called the "Anti-Sec Movement". It replaced all images with this:

imageshackhack.gif

This is so bad and so funny at the same time.

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Yea, I see what you mean from that thread. Though most other pics I've checked (including some of my own) are fine. Very strange.
blink.gif

tylerxian

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, I think it's gone now. That was quite a scare for some I suppose. 'Everybody is getting owned' huh? I wonder if they purposely returned control to Imageshack or Imageshack retook control.

upbumpo190

Trophies
Website
ethericwarriors.eu
XP
Country
France
I'm surprised you guys fell for that....
Check the source of that image, it doesn't point to Imageshack. (http://ec.mashable.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/imageshackhack.gif)

It's a hoax.

Just my 2 cents.

Chris

Edit: I guess they did hack it, follow the link back to the blog, the article is there. Although I'm still a bit skeptical.

tylerxian

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
upbumpo190 said:
Check the source of that image, it doesn't point to Imageshack. (http://ec.mashable.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/imageshackhack.gif)

It's a hoax.

Just my 2 cents.

Chris

Edit: I guess they did hack it, follow the link back to the blog, the article is there. Although I'm still a bit skeptical.

If it was a hoax, they had certainly got us. Well, I wouldn't blame you for being any bit skeptical, incidents like these are sometimes used for publicity or other reasons.

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
upbumpo190 said:

It's a hoax.

Just my 2 cents.

Chris

It wasn't a hoax at all. The moonshell 2 FAQ had those images and they did link to imageshack.

My guess is the original poster saved the pic elsewhere and uploaded it. If imageshack fixed it, the pic would revert back to whatever it was.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: I have a number of geriatric relatives.