longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
chazzers said:
Okay, so I have a problem. I followed this guide to softmod my wii (running on 4.2) and didn't install the preloader, or the IOS updater and everything was working fine. However, this morning, I took my wii to my sisters and connected to her internet (which I hadn't done before at her place so it was a new connection) and it updated my system, and now I can't use CoverFloader, or use the Mplayer. Please help.
If you have HBC still installed you'll have to re hack your wii

chazzers

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xflak40 said:
launch the hackmii installer, and re-install bootmii, then restore your nand backup

if u don't have 1, then let us know and we'll tell u the more complex fix
okay, well my nand backup is from the start of this as I followed the guide and it said to make a nand backup at the very beginning, so any of the steps afterward I'd have to redo, correct?

chazzers

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xflak40 said:
if your nand backup is from before it was hacked, there isn't any point to restoring your nand (it would've only saved u time), just re-hack your wii as it stands now, using xzxero's stickied simplistic mod guide on this forum
okay, so his guide should be able to help me rehack my wii without starting over? or is restoring my nand going to be faster for me?

nabster92

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
chazzers said:
xflak40 said:
if your nand backup is from before it was hacked, there isn't any point to restoring your nand (it would've only saved u time), just re-hack your wii as it stands now, using xzxero's stickied simplistic mod guide on this forum
okay, so his guide should be able to help me rehack my wii without starting over? or is restoring my nand going to be faster for me?

Updating your Wii essentially virginized it and got rid of everything you did except the HBC if it was the latest version. So now you have to start over again from the beginning like it's an unhacked Wii. Just follow xzxero's since it is easier to follow and has everything you need precompiled. The purpose of this guide was supposed to be just to make sure you know what you're doing when following his guide pretty much.

And next time you connect your Wii to the internet, just say no to the update. Nothing there was forcing you to update. Restoring your NAND won't be faster since it's before you did everything, and it would be even more dangerous to do if you couldn't install bootmii to boot2 on your Wii.

chazzers

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nabster92 said:
chazzers said:
xflak40 said:

Updating your Wii essentially virginized it and got rid of everything you did except the HBC if it was the latest version. So now you have to start over again from the beginning like it's an unhacked Wii. Just follow xzxero's since it is easier to follow and has everything you need precompiled. The purpose of this guide was supposed to be just to make sure you know what you're doing when following his guide pretty much.

And next time you connect your Wii to the internet, just say no to the update. Nothing there was forcing you to update. Restoring your NAND won't be faster since it's before you did everything, and it would be even more dangerous to do if you couldn't install bootmii to boot2 on your Wii.
ok. well i had one of the first wii's anyway, so no worries there. but thanks. now I just have to find this other guide.

nabster92

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
chazzers said:
nabster92 said:
chazzers said:
xflak40 said:

ok. well i had one of the first wii's anyway, so no worries there. but thanks. now I just have to find this other guide.

K well since you were able to install bootmii to boot2 then, remember you have to reinstall it now since the update removed that as well.

chazzers

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do have a question about the xzxero guide. If I am already on 4.2, do I nned to follow the Update to 4.2 part of the guide, or can I skip all of the and go straight to Modify 4.2.

nabster92

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
chazzers said:
I do have a question about the xzxero guide. If I am already on 4.2, do I nned to follow the Update to 4.2 part of the guide, or can I skip all of the and go straight to Modify 4.2.

Yea skip the update part. You already updated to 4.2. Just don't forget to do the stub removal step in the restoring the trucha bug section. You only have to remove the stubs for IOS 222, 223, 249, and 250. The others you can keep if you want. Doesn't really matter.

chazzers

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nabster92 said:
chazzers said:

Yea skip the update part. You already updated to 4.2. Just don't forget to do the stub removal step in the restoring the trucha bug section. You only have to remove the stubs for IOS 222, 223, 249, and 250. The others you can keep if you want. Doesn't really matter.
but it doesn't say top remove those stubs in the guide. Although, I do know yuou have to remove them. I will do so.

nabster92

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
chazzers said:
nabster92 said:
chazzers said:

but it doesn't say top remove those stubs in the guide. Although, I do know yuou have to remove them. I will do so.

Restoring the Trucha Bug
Run GP DOP-IOS MOD
Press A to continue.
Go down to select Install an IOS that accepts fakesigning.
Keep pressing A until it takes you back to the IOS selection screen.
Choose IOS36 to start a stub removal process.

Yes it does. It just assumes you will just remove all stubs on your Wii which isn't a problem either.

And yes disable WiiConnect24. It's not necessary and kinda needlessly overheats your Wii anyways. Then enable the skip update check hack in priiloader and don't say yes to anymore updates in any other situations.

chazzers

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nabster92 said:
chazzers said:
nabster92 said:
chazzers said:

Restoring the Trucha Bug
Run GP DOP-IOS MOD
Press A to continue.
Go down to select Install an IOS that accepts fakesigning.
Keep pressing A until it takes you back to the IOS selection screen.
Choose IOS36 to start a stub removal process.

Yes it does. It just assumes you will just remove all stubs on your Wii which isn't a problem either.

And yes disable WiiConnect24. It's not necessary and kinda needlessly overheats your Wii anyways. Then enable the skip update check hack in priiloader and don't say yes to anymore updates in any other situations.
oh ok thanks. If I run into any more problems I'll ask around. Thanks

Xhacker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can barely understand this guide, as all of the explanations and additional information keep confusing me. Currently I've installed the Trucha bug again on my wii using the , but now when I run cIOS 14, I keep getting install error (ret = -1035), which is not found in the guide at all. Also installation of neoGamma is not fully explained at all, as only the files are given but no process is explained.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
check out the complete softmod guide

or xzxero's simplistic guide

Neogamma only needs to be saved on the sd card and access via the HBC

if u want to use neogamma without having an sd card in the wii, install the Neogamma Channel (which is a .wad file) using wad manager (i recommend u check out the channels in my signature)

nabster92

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Xhacker said:
I can barely understand this guide, as all of the explanations and additional information keep confusing me. Currently I've installed the Trucha bug again on my wii using the , but now when I run cIOS 14, I keep getting install error (ret = -1035), which is not found in the guide at all. Also installation of neoGamma is not fully explained at all, as only the files are given but no process is explained.

Sigh...guess I'll add a big note in the beginning.

If you're trying to actually use this guide as you're hacking your Wii instead of using it as a source of information as intended, you're doing it wrong.

William101

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Hi
Just signed up to the site to say THANKS HEAPS!!! This guide has helped me understand everything to do with running Wii hacks etc. Once again thanks heaps, still a few things to learn but ive got most of it down.
biggrin.gif
To all the other new modders out there just read the guide over and over thats all I did hahaha its not that hard and dont be scared to run things even if it says theres a chance of bricking your Wii, any of this stuff you do to your Wii can.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, 4th what?