Noob Questions

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by MeatieMeat, Nov 14, 2016.

1. MeatieMeat
    OP

MeatieMeat Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 6, 2016
    Canada
    First question:
    I had my New 3DS XL Modded in July and paid extra to have A9LH installed but was never told if I need to update A9LH or Luma. So my question is do I need to update them and if so can you point me in the direction of a tutorial please?

Second Question:
    I ordered the Galaxy New 3DS for my wife and want to get it modded as well but the person that modded mine charges $60 to do it and I was wondering if its hard to install A9LH or should I just pay again and if I do mod it myself when I do the system transfer what does that do on my system do I lose everything till I transfer back?

Sorry if its a long and Basic question but I am just scratching the surface of understanding this stuff and I have been reading stuff on this site for a while just scared to try anything and mess up a $300 system

Thanks for reading

2. The Minish LAN

The Minish LAN hi

Sep 9, 2015
    discord
    not sure about the first one but dont pay for someone to install arm9loaderhax + luma for you now; use plailects guide, cant recommend enough:
    https://plailect.github.io/Guide/

EDIT: if your 3ds is 11.0+, but between 11.0 - 11.1, do NOT update. slowhax will come soon, possibly a little after christmas, so wait for that. no need to go through dsiwarehax hell

Last edited by The Minish LAN, Nov 14, 2016
  3. MeatieMeat
    OP

Newcomer
    Jan 6, 2016
    Canada
    but what about the system transfer wont that take everything from my 3ds and install it on hers?

4. The Minish LAN

The Minish LAN hi

Sep 9, 2015
    discord
    plailects guide covers this; if you're transferring from another n3DS you can transfer back after a weeks time, but i made an edit about slowhax on my last message, read if you please

5. MeatieMeat
    OP

Newcomer
    Jan 6, 2016
    Canada
    ok thanks

6. The Minish LAN

The Minish LAN hi

Sep 9, 2015
    discord
    post these kinds of questions in noob paradise in the future