Hacking Noob questions about wiiU!!

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I may be considering buying a wiiU in the late future with some money I have saved. I have read through the stickies but I still don't really understand what's going on and I would appreciate it if you guys could help clear some things up for me.

1. Is there a compiled list of out of the box firmware including bundles and regions for me to look at?
2. If you don't update your consoles firmware, you will not have access to various online services including eshop and miiverse? True or false?

3. Can the wiiU run gamecube backups? Can it emulate NES and 64?

4. What's the pros of not updating your console? What is currently available for it?
5. What's the cons of updating your console?

Thanks.

G0R3Z

Just Can't Be Bothered
Trophies
XP
Country
I may be considering buying a wiiU in the late future with some money I have saved. I have read through the stickies but I still don't really understand what's going on and I would appreciate it if you guys could help clear some things up for me.

1. Is there a compiled list of out of the box firmware including bundles and regions for me to look at?
2. If you don't update your consoles firmware, you will not have access to various online services including eshop and miiverse? True or false?

3. Can the wiiU run gamecube backups? Can it emulate NES and 64?

4. What's the pros of not updating your console? What is currently available for it?
5. What's the cons of updating your console?

Thanks.

1. There is a thread on GBA-temp of games that include firmware updates and which ones etc. If that helps.
2. True.
3. Only through vWii, it works very well, you can play using the Official GC adapter.
4.You don't have online play, shop access and a number of games won't work without firmware updates.
5. It's good to update if you enjoy online play like Smash.

#However, there is a massive amount of content available through vWii homebrew. Your Console's firmware doesn't affect the vWii ( that we know of) and no vWii exploits have really been patched.

Reactions: Online

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: That was a hilarious YT K3Nv2 :rofl2: