Inexperienced Romhacker
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada
I've been trying to figure this out for multiple days now, and I know for sure it's possible since I've seen it done but I have no clue how to do it myself. <Removed link for copyright reasons> It should contain a bunch of images that are used for the game's song select menu screen, and I know for sure it can be edited since I compared it with the same file from a different rom hack which has custom graphics, I just don't know how to edit it since I can't figure out the format.

I opened it up in HxD and found a bunch of strings such as "SCR_AE_PVSEL_PV_PRVW_THUMB042_L" and "SCR_AE_PVSEL_PV_PRVW_THUMB042_R" just to provide a couple examples (these specifically seem to be referencing the left and right images for a thumbnail on the song preview). None of the tools I've tried can open it (Every File Explorer, Ohana3DS, NARCExplorer2). I'm completely stumped. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited by dj505,

dj505

Inexperienced Romhacker
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada
Maybe the filename and extension, and what rom you pulled it from?
Filename is "spr_ae_pvsel.bin" ripped from Project Mirai DX. It's located in the ExtractedRomFS/aet_en folder (used HackingToolkit3DS to extract the dumped CIA). All the "spr_ae_???.bin" files in this folder seem to be in the same format, and I can't open any of them either. I'm just after this one in particulat for now tho.

I feel like there's a really easy solution here but I can't figure out what it is... I know for sure that it's editable but I just can't figure out how to view or edit the image data...

Last edited by dj505,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C6rI8eXgDxd/?igsh=MWYybHY2YXoyM3I2cQ==