Hacking Noob question about SD2vita

jaykap

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So ive been looking online and not sure where to find this answer but i just got an SD2vita and i have a 128gb card. I know how to make it external storage. my question is this...if i was to put retroarch on the sd2vita, will i have issues with running games or would it be wise to make the sd2vita my main storage instead? i ask because i have a 8gb sony card in my vita 1000 and the whole storage on that is almost used up. any and all help is much appreciated

jaykap

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you have sd2vita set as :ux0, yes

So i tried following some guides on how to make my sd2vita my main storage but i ended up corrupting everything and had to redo the whole card. i guess im stuck with using it as my external storage while my ps card is my ux0 which is 8 gb and almost full so im screwed with downloading anything from pkg at the moment but i have gotten retroarch on the sd2vita and so far seems to be working ok. could the reason why my sd2vita was corrupted was that i didn't shut down my vita and take it out and then put it back in before copying all the files from the ps card to the sd2vita? i tried following tech james on youtube (yeah ive heard good and bad things about him) but so far his guides have been a big help. i have another vita that i know is on 3.69 (haven't bothered to update that one yet) and patiently waiting for the new hack to come out to put on that one.
also, when/if i can get the sd2vita as my main storage, do i have to set vitashell to sd2vita even if its is considered ux0 because ive noticed that after the first attempt at making it my main storage, anything i downloaded was still ending up on my psvita card. thanks in advance for all the help

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1