Noob question about dumping games

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by tairo, Jul 8, 2014.

1. tairo
    OP

tairo Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 7, 2013
    what is this all about ? I see tuts etc but nowhere to say why you need it etc ? also do i need to bother if I want to play pokemon x for example and the sell the thing on ?

2. GorTesK

GorTesK Mad Hatter

Jan 29, 2013
    Gambia, The
    Down The Rabbit Hole
    downloading a rom of a game is illegal in most countries, even if you own a copy of that game, however making a backup of your own game and then playing that backup is legal in many countries, that is what this is about
    and for your second question ... no idea, what you are trying to ask

3. tairo
    OP

tairo Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 7, 2013
    Why did you bother answering something that I did not ask anyway AFAIK all Roms have a id number and if everyone who downloads same one ie Scene ROM and plays it online nintendo will say wtf is going on and then might ban all users using that rom online , this is what I think but not sure.

4. GorTesK

GorTesK Mad Hatter

Jan 29, 2013
    Gambia, The
    Down The Rabbit Hole
    you asked why you need to dump games and I answered that, usually people say thank you, when they get a question answered instead of behaving like a dick
    also, scene roms per se are not online compatible, you have to add a game ID into the header, you can either use your own game's ID or one, that is publicly shared and ninty can probably see, that a couple dozen/hundred/thousand people use the same ID ... but whether or not they will ever ban, we can't know for now

Nurio likes this.
  5. Nurio

Nurio That Kirby fan

Mar 31, 2009
    Netherlands
    The Netherlands
    At this point, I would stop bothering. You did answer his first question, and apparently the answer isn't appreciated. And just as you, I don't understand the second question either, and there's nary an explanation from the OP. If the OP doesn't want to help others help him, then my helpfulness ceases at that point.