GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I successfully installed the Homebrew Channel onto an old Wii I have, along with the Homebrew Browser. I then went on to download a few emulators. I was successful playing SNES ROMS (using Snes9x), but I'm not sure what to do with these Saturn files. The place where I acquired the files, they come in various shapes and sizes. For example, Night Into Dreams, when unzipped, becomes a couple of image files, along with a slew of MP3s. Burning Rangers, on the other hand, is two image files and one MP3. Not knowing what the heck to do with these, I just copied the entire folder for each into the SSROMS folder. Of course, the emulator (when booted from the Homebrew Channel) does not see any ISO/ROMS to load.

Help please.

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's odd... That sounds more like how PC engine Super CD-ROM games are released (since all music were just uncompressed CD-DA tracks it made more sense to compress them to MP3 to distribute them)

Saturn games are normally distributed as regular ISO formats (img/bin, ISO, nrg, etc)

So no clue what to tell you. Depending on what the files are, you could probably compile them into a working ISO, but since I don't know exactly what they are I couldn't tell you for certain. Best bet? Dump your own Saturn games or if you absolutely must pirate, do so from a website that doesn't store saturn games stupidly.

Gr4ntu5

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
hi, i'm having trouble getting my yabause emulator to work properly on my wii. The emulator itself works fine but it's the games or game files where the problem lies. i've downloaded numerous games that when unzipped show up as bin and cue files. I place the files in the games folder within the yabause folder on the sd card but when the emulator loads, i just get a soundtrack screen. What am i doing wrong with the files? Any and all help is much appreciated.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
hi, i'm having trouble getting my yabause emulator to work properly on my wii. The emulator itself works fine but it's the games or game files where the problem lies. i've downloaded numerous games that when unzipped show up as bin and cue files. I place the files in the games folder within the yabause folder on the sd card but when the emulator loads, i just get a soundtrack screen. What am i doing wrong with the files? Any and all help is much appreciated.
You should have opened a new thread for this problem as necro bumping old threads is against site rules. The last post was over 8 years ago anything more than about 6 months is considered a necro bump.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn