Tutorial NOOB friendly guide to Downgrading your 3DS (From FW <10.7!!)

Didja downgrade successfully from 10.4/10.5/10.6 ?

• O3ds yes

Votes: 137 41.6%
  • O3ds no

Votes: 18 5.5%
  • New 3DS yes

Votes: 128 38.9%
  • New 3DS no

Votes: 18 5.5%
  • I'll wait until yls8/smea releases an entrypoint for me

Votes: 73 22.2%

• Total voters

Saiko2025

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hallo, i'm new to these things, i cant find the folder "/3ds/sysUpdater" in sd card or "/3ds/SafeSysUpdater folder" theres only "DCIM" and "Nintendo 3DS" folders, mine is new 3ds btw, pls help.

Salamencizer

Cute Hot Whatever
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
India
Hallo, i'm new to these things, i cant find the folder "/3ds/sysUpdater" in sd card or "/3ds/SafeSysUpdater folder" theres only "DCIM" and "Nintendo 3DS" folders, mine is new 3ds btw, pls help.
create a folder called 3ds on the root of your SD Card. Then create those folders in them.

saburou

Trophies
XP
Country
Can't downgrade JPN N3DS 10.5 to 9.2.
0004001000020900.cia fail.
Should I update 10.5 to 10.7 to downgrade ?

Edit : successful.

Last edited by saburou,

bytar

Holy Knight
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
why do people downgrade their consoles to 10.5 firstly? what is the difference between downgrading from 10.5 and 10.7 beside entry points? and what is the risk of brick with 10.7 new 3ds? is it worth to downgrade? i have cubic ninja.

Salamencizer

Cute Hot Whatever
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
India
P
why do people downgrade their consoles to 10.5 firstly? what is the difference between downgrading from 10.5 and 10.7 beside entry points? and what is the risk of brick with 10.7 new 3ds? is it worth to downgrade? i have cubic ninja.
Smashbroshax is unstable. Downgrading to 10.5 first requires installation of less no. of cias. After downgraded to 10.5, one can USD a much stabler menuhax to downgrade to 9.2.

porko

Trophies
XP
Country
i have a question thats a bit ot, but hopefully someone can answer!

what happens when you down/upgrade to the same firmware? i used a cart to upgrade and now my firmware is 9.2.0-4E, i'm not sure if the out of date browser matters, but i would prefer it to be 20E.

perhaps updating and then downgrading again is the more foolproof way?

Salamencizer

Cute Hot Whatever
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
India
i have a question thats a bit ot, but hopefully someone can answer!

what happens when you down/upgrade to the same firmware? i used a cart to upgrade and now my firmware is 9.2.0-4E, i'm not sure if the out of date browser matters, but i would prefer it to be 20E.

perhaps updating and then downgrading again is the more foolproof way?
Nope. Browserhax won't work for your firmware.
You have to upgrade to the same firmware. Very less no. of CIAs will be installed, like the browser. You will go from 9.2.0-4E to 9.2.0-20E safely. You have to find a way to upgrade though.

Reactions: porko

porko

Trophies
XP
Country
Nope. Browserhax won't work for your firmware.
You have to upgrade to the same firmware. Very less no. of CIAs will be installed, like the browser. You will go from 9.2.0-4E to 9.2.0-20E safely. You have to find a way to upgrade though.
no worries, i have cubic ninja, thanks for the crazy quick reply :)

Salamencizer

Cute Hot Whatever
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
India
no worries, i have cubic ninja, thanks for the crazy quick reply :)
Its nice you have Cubic Ninja. If you didn't, I would've linked you to this guide: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/9.2.0-Update
Use Cubic Ninja to run MiniPasta, then through MiniPasta get into HBL and Install a sysUpdater/PlaiSysUpdater/SafeSysUpdater CIA using a 3dsx version of FBI.
Put the Downgrade Pack on the root of your SD Card (the downgrade pack CIAs must be in the updates folder on the root of your SD Card) and Launch Mini Pasta again, this time running sysUpdater/PlaiSysUpdater/SafeSysUpdater from your Home menu. Press Y to downgrade, and then after the process finishes, Install arm9loaderhax :)

Reactions: porko

porko

Trophies
XP
Country
kept getting errors, 'failed to get cia info blah blah', so i just updated to 10.7 and it's downgrading now first try, and successful :)

not sure if i'll keep that 9.2 cart around if it doesn't update the browser.

edit: i think it was entirely my fault, i kept the old version of sysupdater around, assuming it would still be the best version for older firmwares, i was wrong. old version deleted.

Last edited by porko,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Xdqwerty, No. Whenever you use the internet on Windows, Microsoft collects personal data and...