Tutorial NOOB friendly guide to Downgrading your 3DS (From FW <10.7!!)

Didja downgrade successfully from 10.4/10.5/10.6 ?

• O3ds yes

Votes: 137 41.6%
  • O3ds no

Votes: 18 5.5%
  • New 3DS yes

Votes: 128 38.9%
  • New 3DS no

Votes: 18 5.5%
  • I'll wait until yls8/smea releases an entrypoint for me

Votes: 73 22.2%

• Total voters

Salamencizer

Cute Hot Whatever
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
India
I've seen the link on the first page, but I just cannot get broswerhax to kick in and work, I have all the files etc.
Delete the webkithax file from your SD card, then try to use browserhax again. If it fails, repeat.

just did a couple tests from 10.7 sys, using both sysUpdater and SSU and managed to get the exact same downgrade, downgrade checker spit out the same extra titles and expected X version titles, so I don't see why not?
Many people have reported ending up on a Frakenfirmware, and many of them had used the SSU. Those who used the regular sysUpdater, somehow managed to get into homebrew through the browser, and fix thier firmware. But the ones who used SSU, reported that they could not use the browser or system settings. So they were totally stuck... That is why I don't recommend y'all using SSU. (Although my very first downgrade happened successfully with SSU from 10.3 to 9.2)

Im trying to downgrade my N3DS on 10.6E to 9.2E im pretty sure ive downloaded all the right files but my check keeps failing at MD5>/updates/0004001000022000.cia

Any1 have any ideas?
If you downloaded the pack from that ISO site, delete it. Downloaded it from that chaos site.
Vice versa.
Oh wait, does it show FAIL, or it just freezes?

Last edited by Salamencizer,

Zyrmkel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Delete the webkithax file from your SD card, then try to use browserhax again. If it fails, repeat.

Many people have reported ending up on a Frakenfirmware, and many of them had used the SSU. Those who used the regular sysUpdater, somehow managed to get into homebrew through the browser, and fix thier firmware. But the ones who used SSU, reported that they could not use the browser or system settings. So they were totally stuck... That is why I don't recommend y'all using SSU. (Although my very first downgrade happened successfully with SSU from 10.3 to 9.2)

If you downloaded the pack from that ISO site, delete it. Downloaded it from that chaos site.
Vice versa.
Oh wait, does it show FAIL, or it just freezes?
the very last cias to be installed in the current most SSU build are homemenu, browser, and nfirm in that order. so they'd have to be failing at nfirm which wouldnt matter in either build if they fail there, they'd need CN/OOT to recover at that point or just safe mode to lastest firm

Salamencizer

Cute Hot Whatever
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
India
the very last cias to be installed in the current most SSU build are homemenu, browser, and nfirm in that order. so they'd have to be failing at nfirm which wouldnt matter in either build if they fail there, they'd need CN/OOT to recover at that point or just safe mode to lastest firm
Yeah, all that seems to be fine, but look:
No,after sysupdater did everything it restarted when i pressed b.
I used ocarina as entry point,checked the files with safesysupdater and i formatted everything before starting.
Don't use safesysupdater for downgrade,i tried it 2 times and 2 times i got a broken firmware.

chaosrunner

Substitute Soul Reaper
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Its either corrupted or somethings up with your SD. Format Sd and redownload the update files and check again. PM me were you got the files from and ill check em out.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

the fucks friendhax?
lol there was a troll thred on gbatemp with lugimasionhax and friend hax

Fatality_Reaper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
When I used SSU i got the "an error as occourred" error while downgrading.The console was still working but I wasn't able to get any hax working so i had to repair the firmware in recovery mode and downgrade with SU.
It is called safesysupdater because it checks your files before start the downgrade but that doesn't mean it is more stable.

Last edited by Fatality_Reaper,
Reactions: Salamencizer

Lemmiwinkles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's my problem; I only have Smashhax at the moment. I can successfully boot Homebrew using the linux hack, but the issue is I simply cannot downgrade to 9.2. I don't know why, but I read that it could be because Smash Bros only works on a certain firmware and up (above 9.2 basically).

So my idea was to downgrade to 10.5 and use another entry method such as browserhax. I have the 10.5 files, however SafeSysUpdated fails the check on the files and I'm a bit afraid to proceed if it's looking for 9.2 information. Can anyone help?

Zyrmkel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's my problem; I only have Smashhax at the moment. I can successfully boot Homebrew using the linux hack, but the issue is I simply cannot downgrade to 9.2. I don't know why, but I read that it could be because Smash Bros only works on a certain firmware and up (above 9.2 basically).

So my idea was to downgrade to 10.5 and use another entry method such as browserhax. I have the 10.5 files, however SafeSysUpdated fails the check on the files and I'm a bit afraid to proceed if it's looking for 9.2 information. Can anyone help?
SSU has md5 checks for 9.2 firm only, use sysUpdater to downgrade to 10.5 then use SSU from menuhax

Zyrmkel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I used SSU i got the "an error as occourred" error while downgrading.The console was still working but I wasn't able to get any hax working so i had to repair the firmware in recovery mode and downgrade with SU.
It is called safesysupdater because it checks your files before start the downgrade but that doesn't mean it is more stable.
It uses the same DG code and hax as SU, it's as stable as SU. But it whatever really

Salamencizer

Cute Hot Whatever
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
India
I can use Lightweight smashbroshax for the downgrade 10.6 in the new 3ds?
It is fuckin unstable, and it is a pain to get it working. You might if you wanna, but I don't know when it might crash.
EDIT: Buy a copy of OOT3D for cheap and install OOT3DHax using smashhax, and use that instead.

Last edited by Salamencizer,

mario6714

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
It is fuckin unstable, and it is a pain to get it working. You might if you wanna, but I don't know when it might crash.
EDIT: Buy a copy of OOT3D for cheap and install OOT3DHax using smashhax, and use that instead.

is the only game i have.... then it does not work for the downgrade in new 3ds 10.6.0.31?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, why are most new south park episodes half hour specials?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Psionic Roshambo, let me get a Netflix account I've always been nice to you
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I made a honey pepper glazed turkey breast for dinner turned out pretty bomb
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We can Netflix and chill
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Nvm not half hour, but hour long
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Normal south park episodes are already half hour
    Got 2 free Xumo boxes they work pretty good
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm happy to get anything most series don't make it pass 6 seasons
    Except Stars and Encore those are being a bitch lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I may consider that onn pro box finally a media box with type A ;O
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, cuz the companies don't want em to
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No it's revenue and demand south park could argue has a bigger audience than family guy about the same
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Family guy is worth 300mill south parks worth 1Bill according to the interwebs
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, probably cuz family guy is more disliked compared to south park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It just does the same formula south park can press buttons without going overboard
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    And bc most of the family guy budget is spent on the voice actors rather than on the animation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Southpark could spend 30k on a animated dick and people would laugh at it
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    lol one prescription to Lizzo
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    who is lizzo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, doge is dead
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan: