Non-intensive games mom can play?

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by Recorderdude, Mar 10, 2011.

Mar 10, 2011
  1. Recorderdude
    OP

Member Recorderdude Musician, Animator, Buffoon.

United States
    Hey. My mom's been getting into gaming recently and when she visits me once a week I like to do some with her.

There's only one problem.

My mom has severe motion sickness.

She can't stare at screens that long if too much is going on and it hurts her eyes.

So, simply put, what are some good 2-player games that I can play with my mom that won't kill her eyes? (mainly avoiding games with insane amounts of shit going on like metal slug or contra)

Some of the games she likes are Katamari Damacy, Pinball Hall of Fame and Kirby's Dreamland 3 (for SNES, I would play it more often with her since I had a SNES as a kid and we played it then but PS2 fails at emulating SNES, let alone SA-1.)

The consoles I can use for 2-player modes are NES, SMS and Genesis (emulated) and PS1 and PS2 (actual hardware)

2. whoomph

Member whoomph GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Genesis:
    Sonic 2. It's a little hectic but the second controller can operate tails - so your mom can start and stop whenever she likes
    Psycho Pinball is a good pinball game. Owned it on original hardware and more recently played it through emus.
    Dr. Robotniks Mean Bean Machine
    World of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck (Co-op platformer)
    PS1:
    Shipwreckers! - Underrated 2 player fun with ships/canons etc.

I may add more suggestions later.

3. Jolan

Member Jolan Unlimited Bear Works

Bulgaria
    Play Worms World Party on the PC, it's hotseat and fun.