Non-Glossy DSL shells

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Dwight, Oct 15, 2008.

Oct 15, 2008

Non-Glossy DSL shells by Dwight at 4:37 AM (1,152 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. Dwight
    OP

Member Dwight Gawb. Gawb Bluth.

United States
    I hate the apple look of the new Nintendo stuff. You know, the glossy outershells on DSL/Wii's...
    Does anybody have a link to a custom shell that I could order that would give my DSL a feel more like a DS Phat?

2. JDMEVOIXMR

Member JDMEVOIXMR GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Crimson/Black
    Cobalt/Black
    Guitar Hero Silver/Black

you can get them at dealextreme.com

3. kirby145

Newcomer kirby145 Advanced Member

United States
    No single color though? Sad face

4. kobykaan

Member kobykaan GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom

buy a shell and spray paint it yourself .. problem solved [​IMG]

5. Toni Plutonij

Former Staff Toni Plutonij *has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!

Croatia
    They all have glossy top!!

There was one matte shell for sale (whole matte, nothing was glossy), but review said it was awful....
    It was a normal shell, but in the finish painted with matte spraypaint, so if you look to the light you can see trough it...It was recommended not to buy..

But you can do it yourself actually...And you don't need no paint.....Just use the sandpaper!! Very nice one(for the metal, or even plastic if you can find, not for the wood!!)
    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=120209

This is a topic on that matter, but, it's two years old, and screenshots are missing, I'll try to find the final outcome!!

EDIT:
    [​IMG]
    This is the NDS at the beginning....

[​IMG]
    Outcome of the careful sanding and whole process described in the link I've provided up in my post..

Hope that maybe, this will help!!

6. JDMEVOIXMR

Member JDMEVOIXMR GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I forgot about the SHOCK! shells.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Toni Plutonij

Croatia
    Those are BAD......Try to avoid SHOCK cases in general, as they aren't complete, parts are missing in packages and quality isn't that good!!

8. apb407

Member apb407 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    yeah i heard alot of good and bad reviews about the SHOCK shells but i mean if Toni Plutonij says it i would trust him he has been on the scene for a while and defiantly knows alot more, also the link he gave isnt working can you mabye give the right link or a new link Toni [​IMG]

9. Toni Plutonij

Croatia

And best shells are those from DealExtreme....I even used transparent one myself....They are the most complete sets, and you can even mix parts with official shell..
    SHOCK shells don't allow mixing with official Nintendo shells (they are bit different)....and this case, posted above is the one I've been talking about.....When you try to look trough it towards light, you can see the paintwork (light is going trough the shell)......
    My advice would be to avoid it, get some case from DealExtreme, and customize it by sanding or careful/fine sandwork..

10. apb407

Member apb407 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    thanks seems to dangerous for me though not that skilled [​IMG] and the link seems to be working now just the pictures arent showing up