Youkai

Demon
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi,

I have no WLan router but a Laptop with WLan card ... is it somehow possible to use the Laptop with the WLan as lets say Bridge to get my Wii Online ?

I did read that there is some linux based programm called ROSE which allows you to make your own acces point but the links i found were all death ... so umm ... is there any way ? btw is it possible if you make the laptop to an WLan Access Point ? or is every try futile and i have to buy a Nintendo Wifi adapter ?

Little

I r Little
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm pretty sure that you wont be able to use your laptop to broadcast a wireless signal, turning it into an access point. However thinking about it, wireless communication is two way isn't it... so while its unlikely im thinking it might be possible. Thats not useful is it. It would depend on your hardware Im sure, and it would have to be a hack! even then, even most routers have trouble with Nintendo hardware. best off buying a cheaper router, saying that I have a spare wireless router that I can't use any more because I have cable not adsl and its a wireless router with built in modem. its got the aussie firmware on though because that worked with the DS before the UK firmware.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/Y9WKPRUjNQ4?si=raUf8jEiET8rmH2P