No video or audio after being bricked?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by greycloud, Mar 27, 2010.

Mar 27, 2010
  1. greycloud
    OP

Newcomer greycloud Member

United States
    Just what the title says. I was trying to recover from a semi-brick and it pretty much screwed itself over with possibly a low level brick. There's no audio or video, I think I put bootmii on there cuz i see the drive flash twice when the wii is on. I have the bootmii files on my sd card but I don't see a display, my screen says no signal.

Can someone help?

2. veganjustice

Newcomer veganjustice Advanced Member

United States
    A/V cables in working order?

Also, if you were trying to recover from the "semi-brick", what symptoms were you havin there that made you want to recover?

The SD card is in when booting?

3. greycloud
    OP

Newcomer greycloud Member

United States
    It was semi-bricked before, I watched a tutorial on youtube and on how to unbrick it. Like in the tutorial he told me to run some systemmenu wad file so I did, After awhile it said press A to restart. I pressed A and it said restard, but it stayed there for like 30 minutes and did not turn off so I manually turned off. Now the audio and video doesn't work since its bricked. I got 2 flashes indicating I do have bootmii, but I have bootmii on my SD card. The menu should come up, I don't see anything.

4. veganjustice

Newcomer veganjustice Advanced Member

United States
    What system menu wad did that youtube video tell you to use? It isn't the best idea to follow those as they are usually really out of date and can screw stuff up for users... Let us know what it told you to do, so we can have an idea to where you are at.

What system menu were you on before the semibrick?