No sound

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by tashuke, Aug 7, 2008.

Aug 7, 2008

No sound by tashuke at 1:21 AM (724 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. tashuke
    OP

Newcomer tashuke Member

United States
    I just restored my computer but now theres no sound. I tried restoring it again but that still didnt work. My speakers the work and my headphones. its not mute cause right now i dont even have the volume control thing. No sound is working in my whole computer iono if its cause its not installed because i had to install my graphic driver again. is there a way to install something that make the sound work or is there another way. please help

Thankyou

2. Bishang

Member Bishang GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Go to your control pannel and make sure that your speakers are default for sound output.

3. Kyusuke

Newcomer Kyusuke Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    It sounds like your sound drivers are deleted, so you need to install them again. You need to know what make and model your PC is or if the PC is custom built, what types of components were used in order to determine which sound driver you need to install.

4. genuisgeek

Member genuisgeek GBAtemp Regular

United States
    yea kyusuke's right one of the ways to find it is either in the manual they gave you or the bios settings
    i had this problem before on two of my pc's and it really pissed me off cuz it took forever for me to find the right one
    but a lota of the times its usually realtek ac 97 audio codec but im just guessing
    if ur manufacturer gave u a driver cd use that to install from it