No SNES CIA's?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Centrix, Jan 7, 2016.

1. Centrix
    OP

Centrix Stop Poking the Moogle!

Aug 28, 2008
    United States
    Seattle,WA
    Was just thinking that its weird that there's no converter to convert snes roms into cia's? is this even possible? and if so how come it hasn't been done yet? honestly if I could code and had the know how this would be my first homebrew lol :P

polarbernd likes this.
  2. VinsCool

VinsCool Delusional

GBAtemp Patron
    VinsCool is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 7, 2014
    Canada
    End of Time
    There isn't even a snes virtual console lol.

The closest you have are emulators.

3. hug0-a7x

hug0-a7x GBAtemp Fan

Jan 19, 2013
    Brazil

GalladeGuy and MajinCubyan like this.
  4. Xanthe

Xanthe Sith

Dec 23, 2015
    United States
    The best thing to look for, in my opinon, is to look at GBA CiA's because a LOT of GBA vc are remakes of the old SNES and NES games. If you're looking for an old Mario game, I think GBA might be your best option

5. ric.

ric. Drivin' to meme country

Sep 17, 2015
    Peru
    Not a VC title - it's a recreation. There's no ROM to replace inside that CIA, so no, we don't have a SNES VC emulator.

hug0-a7x and VinsCool like this.
  6. Centrix
    OP

Centrix Stop Poking the Moogle!

Aug 28, 2008
    United States
    Seattle,WA
    Im just wondering why Big N hasn't put snes on the 3DS it can obliviously handle it lol :P

7. Osakasan

Osakasan GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 19, 2015
    There's no way to run SNES games natively on 3DS. GBA is another story, since the Ambassador GBA games already do it, using DS' backwards compatibility.

I mean, mayyyyyyyyyyyyybe it could be possible to pack a SNES rom with BlargSNES in a CIA and configure it to autoboot? That could be the nearest we could get, and BlargSNES' developer has biggest issues to take care before thinking on anything like that (It would be cool, tho)