Hacking "No real time save support"

scottw182

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was looking at the thread about which flashcart to choose, and I saw the Acekard 2i has no real time save support. Does that mean you can't do savestates on DS games? Or does it mean something else? Because one of the main things I'm wanting this card for is to be able to save anywhere on DS games. Thanks.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yes, that means the Acekard 2i can't do savestates.

If you're looking for a flashcart for real time save support, I highly recommend the Supercard DSTwo.

It has without a doubt, the best RTS support of any flashcart, with multiple RTS slots per game, not having to create an .RTS file before loading the ROM, being able to label the save slots too.

On top of which, the real-time menu features cheats toggling, slow motion, and game guides in .txt or .bmp format.

The DSTwo is $35 though, if that's out of your price range, I'd say the next best would probably be the EZ Flash Vi.

There's also the CycloDS, which appears to no longer be officially supported (and is more expensive than DSTwo), and the M3i Zero, which I only had bad experiences with.

scottw182

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, I have considered the Supercard DSTwo as well. How is it's GBA emulation, b/c that's an important feature for me? Do I have the option of just using a slot 2 card, like EZ Flash 3-in-1 or M3 GBA Expansion Pack?

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
scottw182 said:
Thanks, I have considered the Supercard DSTwo as well. How is it's GBA emulation, b/c that's an important feature for me? Do I have the option of just using a slot 2 card, like EZ Flash 3-in-1 or M3 GBA Expansion Pack?
The GBA emulation is pretty good, some games are very playable, other games just can't be played, but that's the price of emulation.

If you have an EZ Flash 3in1 you can still use it, the DStwo and just about any Slot-1 flashcart can utilize them.
I think you need to use GBA_EXPloader for it.

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you have a DS Lite, it would be best to use EZ-Flash Vi in slot 1 and EZ-Flash 3in1 in slot 2.

EZ-Flash Vi offers a decent RTS (doesn't work on 3D games), and you don't need GBA Exploader to use 3in1.

If you use SuperCard DSTWO then you'll need GBA Exploader to use 3in1.

KidIce

Smart Ass
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I own both of the carts you're discussing. The EZFlash spends more time in my DSi than my SCDS2 does, it just gets me to my games faster as there is less crap in the way. I also prefer the interface: I use the small icon mode, something the SCDS2 does not offer. On an 8GB SD I want to see more than 4 games at a time. The EZ5 also starts up w/ the last game you played already selected, the SCDS2 does not. The EZ5 interface is also faster... But don't think I don't like the SCDS2.

The RTS is far more stable on the SCDS2 than it is on the EZ5. If that's the most important feature to you, the SCDS2 is the way to go.

The cheat searcher is great, but w/ the unholy number of cheats that can be found on the temp cheat forum I rarely find the need to create codes myself. It IS almost always the reason that I switch from the EZ5 to the SCDS2 though when I feel the need to do so.

Slow motion is something the EZ5 lacks, but I've yet to use it w/ the SCDS2 beyond testing to see how well it works; cool feature for those that care to use it, I'm not one of them.

Both have in game guide features and I really don't prefer one to the other. I actually tend to use my PSP for this becuase of the higher resolution and thus characters per line. I don't have to fight w/ tables and such as much to get them to display reasonably on the PSP as I do on the DS.

For GBA, most well recognized games I've tried work pretty well via the SCDS2's emulation, but just about everything runs better on my PSP, so I tend to use my PSP for GBA emulation on the games that run well via emulation. More obscure games that don't have speed up patches and really hammer the hardware (Payback for example) run like crap on either system so I fall back to my DS lite and a GBA flash cart for those. SNES games are far better emulated on the PSP so I'm not using the SNES emulator on the SCDS2 at all. If you don't have a more powerful portable than the DS and/or a non "i" DS than the SCDS's emulation should be a pretty compelling and not overlooked. It's not that it's bad, it's just that I have better solutions than the SCDS2's offering.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Finally there are people here