Not open for further replies.

zwq939681378

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
I'm a Chinese gamer. I didn't notice what happened until someone told me “Switch was hacked”.
Before last year, I always played piracy games on my 3DS. Indeed, hacking brought me a lot of translated games. I can enjoy them while pay nothing. A large reason is that Nintendo didn't come to China. Still, I bought my Nintendo Switch from Japan. I thought that I could use my poor English and poorer Japanese to play games but Nintendo released a lot of Chinese games unexpectedly last year.
From then I started to buy authorized games and software. "Maybe it's a good chance to enjoy a ' real console'" . I think.
However, I received the new of " Nintendo Switch has been hacked" a month ago. It's a good news? Surely, I could get those free games again. But should I do that? I have stole so much games on 3DS. I am not willing to be a thief again. Homebrew is a good thing, but piracy games not! Piracy could destroy a good platform and a company.
Please let off a growing platform.

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, it doesn't affect us much, but it might affect them, if the majority of a new userbase starts pirateing, because that is the norm there?

Reploid

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I will pirate everything I could my hands on, even shitty and boring games, like mareo, mvahahaha.

LineoftheDead

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm a Chinese gamer. I didn't notice what happened until someone told me “Switch was hacked”.
Before last year, I always played piracy games on my 3DS. Indeed, hacking brought me a lot of translated games. I can enjoy them while pay nothing. A large reason is that Nintendo didn't come to China. Still, I bought my Nintendo Switch from Japan. I thought that I could use my poor English and poorer Japanese to play games but Nintendo released a lot of Chinese games unexpectedly last year.
From then I started to buy authorized games and software. "Maybe it's a good chance to enjoy a ' real console'" . I think.
However, I received the new of " Nintendo Switch has been hacked" a month ago. It's a good news? Surely, I could get those free games again. But should I do that? I have stole so much games on 3DS. I am not willing to be a thief again. Homebrew is a good thing, but piracy games not! Piracy could destroy a good platform and a company.
Please let off a growing platform.
I think you will still be able to pay for your own games, I could be wrong, but probably not

Reactions: RedHunter

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Imagine if every time a brick-and-mortar retailer launched their business, its first customers ran around shreiking about how it's going to go bankrupt because of shoplifting.

Seriously, piracy hurts some, but it won't greatly affect the quality and quantity of games you get.
A platform will fail or succeed on the merits of its marketing and content, not piracy.

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
Reactions: ThoD

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
I don't hate piracy, I only hate when chinese and koreans cheat in Rust (mmo pvp game).
Do you not hate it when other people do it?
Also, Rust has nothing to do with the conversation.

Reactions: ThoD

ArcLP

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you not hate it when other people do it?
Also, Rust has nothing to do with the conversation.
I hate when everyone does it. But mostly koreans hack in Rust.
I say it because outside of my handheld console games (I've only played like singleplayer games on dsi, 3ds, etc), I've only played Rust and so I'm surprised to see someone against (or unsure) piracy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning