No More Heroes 2...issues.

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by TwinRetro, Jan 27, 2010.

Jan 27, 2010

No More Heroes 2...issues. by TwinRetro at 5:11 PM (2,864 Views / 0 Likes) 23 replies

1. TwinRetro
    OP

Global Moderator TwinRetro Don't start nothin', Won't be nothin'

United States
    I wouldnt say Issues, just 1 issue.

VERY minor spoiler

Warning: Spoilers inside!

other than that, I really have no beef with the game at all.

2. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    There's a problem? Seemed fine to me.

3. TwinRetro
    OP

United States
    check the spoiler [​IMG]

4. SpiritBoy

Member SpiritBoy GBAtemp Regular

Israel
    I agree.
    Not only that, but there's a certain room where you need to hit switches.. dear fucking lord there is one which is impossible.
    I still don't get how to hit it, and I think I'm 15 minutes on it already. Doesn't help the edge detection is so poor.

5. TwinRetro
    OP

United States

I think I know which one you're talking about. You need to go to the platform right below the one you're standing on (not the highest one. the one below that), so you can target it, and jump/slash.

you'll be severely pissed about the boss also. it requires a massive amount of jumping, but thats all I will reveal.

6. demitrius

Member demitrius GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Thats the only issue you have? I can name off a lot more

7. TwinRetro
    OP

United States
    Hey go ahead I have no objections [​IMG]

8. Danny Tanner

Member Danny Tanner GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Can I join in here? No More Heroes was and is my favorite Wii game, probably my second favorite game ever. But the more I play of desparate struggle, the more disappointed I am. Spoilers from NMH and NMH2 here.

It's nice to get that off my chest. I'd go on but you'd probably all think I'm just bitching.

9. TwinRetro
    OP

United States

But I wouldnt call that beef. Just a bad progression of the game. If im really not having 50 battles, just make the "ranks" the number of battles I need to get through.

10. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    You literally punched me in the stomach, shoved your hand down my throat, and took the words out of my mouth.

Once you skipped from rank 50 to rank 25, I was deeply disappointed. I mean, I wouldn't mind jumping the ranks, since if we had 50 bosses odds are a lot of them would be lame, but to go halfway down the ranks? That's dumb. Same goes for when you jump from rank 20-ish to rank 10-ish. I mean, you can seriously beat the whole game in probably 5 hours, if you don't bother with the mini-games.

I feel it would've been better if instead of abandoning the flawed concepts of the first game if they just fixed them. I really liked the open world, but it had problems. If they combined a map with an open world, or created a GTA-esque thing with lots of sidequests, it would've been better. Also, I seriously miss the assassination side jobs in the first game. It made money easier to find and it just added more of what NMH does best; hacking and slashing. I think the mini-games are very good here, but when you don't even have 10 of them and they're you're only way to make cash, it gets boring.

That brings me to the other problem: cash. I mean, sure, you get the dual-wieldable beam katanas for free (oops, spoiler), but it's near impossible to buy katanas from Naomi. The side jobs make piddly weak cash, you don't get a whole lot from the ranking battles, and if you somehow do grind enough cash to get a katana, you can kiss buying a fancy new wardrobe, some fitness training, or buying Jeane some delicious chow for the next few ranking matches.

Some boss battles are good and some are kinda lame. The last boss, on the other hand, is fucking ridiculously impossible. He's on more than one occasion constantly knocked me down with cheap ass, impossible-to-dodge moves and if I somehow get him close to death (like he was one square of health left), he'll somehow knock me out the window. Urgh.

The game isn't terrible by any means, but I like the first one better.

11. Danny Tanner

Member Danny Tanner GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Ah, the side quests! I really do like those, but they are very uneven in terms of money making. Also, I'm convinced it's impossible to beat stage 4 of the bug catching game, which is the easiest way to make money. On the 4th level, there's a large scorpion in the upper part, but no matter which side you attack from, it just gets stuck on the pipe, and you die when you stop applying suction. Anyone find a way past this? It was weird that the scorpion catching game was back in 3D, it seemed out of place.

I agree Guild, the assassination missions from the first were the most fun way to make money. But I haven't really found the clothes in this game too inspiring. Most of the outfits I wore in the first game were based around shirts I found. Which brings me to the open world thing. I really had fun in the open world last game, the motorcycle was great, and the city had character. Yeah... it wasn't mindblowing but still fun, I would rather have it as it was last time than no open world at all. It's no big deal, it was mostly just padding anyway, but still. The people of Santa Destroy are kind of lacking too. There's only so many 'LOL he's gay!!!1!!!111' jokes you can make about Ryan, Thunder Ryu was much more fleshed out. And no calls from Dianne at the video store? What? That was too good!

Does anyone know if you can take the jacket off in this game? I'm pretty sure you could in the first one but I think I'm just missing how here. That's another reason I haven't bought clothes, why buy a T-shirt that is 75% obstructed?

EDIT: Just thought of this, I almost crapped myself with excitement when I heard songs from NMH Dark Side Soundtrack in this game, but why was the one song (the one with vocals) playing during all the cutscenes in the beginning? It got annoying, and I had a hard time hearing the dialogue. That came up a lot though, the music or echo effects in many scenes kept me from understanding, I had to put the subtitles on.

12. Bloodgod

Member Bloodgod 嵐の王

United States
    anything I should do to my Wii b4 playing this? Keep in mind my Wii is a D2B with Wiikey ( haven't updated anything in recent) I have homebrew channel setup with HDD.

Edit: I'll be burning but if I can install on HDD I will

Edit: Where is the WiiKey update so I can play New Super Mario Brothers Wii.

13. TwinRetro
    OP

United States
    Jesus christ, make your own god damned thread instead of hijacking mine.

14. Bloodgod

Member Bloodgod 嵐の王

United States
    Yes, so we can convolute the boards with MORE topics relating to the same game.

Either way. Fixed my problem. I laugh at yours

15. DjFIL

Member DjFIL GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    I agree... the jumping was a bit frustrating, but nice to have the extra playable character. love her 'save' moments, i want that screenshot for my background [​IMG] And the 'jumps' in ranking was a bit of a surprise, but a welcome one personally. And the new 'mini games' for jobs is a real fun idea. But overall... this game is still total kick ass.

16. TwinRetro
    OP

United States
    this thread is not about technical issues you have with running the game, you tard. Its issues I and other people have about the game itself.

In any event. I dont see what was so hard about the end boss. he was pretty easy. too easy i must say.

17. Hells Malice

Member Hells Malice Are you a bully?

Canada
    Shinobu is the worst thing to ever happen to the game.
    Nuff said.

18. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    You obviously haven't saved the game with her yet.

And Shinobu is awesome. Jumping could use a little work, but if they plan to make a NMH 3, she's the one to look to. FYI, this is the LAST game for Travis Touchdown.

19. Hells Malice

Member Hells Malice Are you a bully?

Canada
    Fighting in the game is bland and easy to begin with, she basically adds nothing but a jump button to the mechanics.
    The times you use her are horrid and annoying as hell. This game was NEVER meant to be a platformer, and they proved it by giving Shinobu some play time.

Great game otherwise. Love it.
    Especially love the way they did the minigames this time around.
    I will say though, the bosses overall aren't as entertaining as the first (about 70% in).
    Great sequel though, gave me a good reason to dust off my poor wii.

20. Leach

Newcomer Leach Advanced Member

Bulgaria
    I'm dissapointed from the boss battles. They are somewhat forgettable, compared to the first game... They lack the character and the brutality that I expected. In the first NMH, the bosses had a lot of character, were amusing to fight, the killing cutscene was totally over the top and the feeling was a lot different.
    Also, what the fuck is with the ending?! The last boss was a joke, albeit the interesting twist! Not to mention the ending scene itself, which actually started epic... I think there's another ending, like in the first NMH.

On a side note - Santa Destroy seems to be there in it's full form (like in the first game), it's just not accessible. It can be, however, seen in the credits and it's the same old city with the same old pop-up and graphical glitches... no joke, it's actually all there, in 3D with all the graphical glitches.

Despite all of this, I liked the game.