No more FW updates for WiiU?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by suzsuzuki, Dec 10, 2017.

1. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Guru

May 11, 2008
    United States
    They lazily patched a browser exploit, doing the bare minimum to do so. It was not the point of the 5.5.2 update. They did nothing to stop CFW-usage nor the usage of secondary exploits, for example.

A specific message regarding the closure of MiiVerse was indeed added in 5.5.2, and that was the primary purpose of the update. Dataming that message from the tiny, otherwise meaningless, update was how we found out in the first place MiiVerse was going to close soon. You're going to have to be specific about which message you received and where. Some messages are online messages.

2. CodyMKW

CodyMKW GBAtemp Regular

Mar 23, 2015
    United States
    On 5.5.1 I get Error Code: 115-5004 "The Miiverse service has ended. Miiverse and any software features that make use of Miiverse will no longer be available. Thank you for your interest."

3. PamiPumiKyun

PamiPumiKyun Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 16, 2015
    United States

Your are talking about marketing in product development. I'm talking about advertising.

4. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Guru

May 11, 2008
    United States
    That's not the exact error message I'm referring to. The following error was added to the offline ErrEula in 5.5.2, and aside from the minor change to the internet browser, it was the only thing 5.5.2 did:

"The Miiverse service has ended. Miiverse and any software features that make use of Miiverse are now unavailable."

5. tastymeatball

tastymeatball GBAtemp Regular

Nov 30, 2016
    Germany
  6. Xathya

Xathya residence aparents trols of temps

Banned
    Aug 20, 2017
    Australia
    green hil zone
  7. cucholix

cucholix Banners guy

Jan 17, 2017
    Chile
    You never know... 5.5.2 came from nowhere on July 17th when everyone was saying "the Wii U is a dead console" line too.

My uncle does

Last edited by cucholix, Dec 11, 2017
  8. Eridion kiorai
    This message by Eridion kiorai has been removed from public view by porkiewpyne, Sep 9, 2018.
    Sep 9, 2018