'No Man's Sky Next' Update Gets Release Date And More Information On Multiplayer

no mans sky next.JPG

Announced a few months ago, No Man Sky, the procedurally-generated space exploration game, was set to get its "biggest update so far" dubbed NEXT this summer. Hello Games issued an update today and revealed that No Man’s Sky NEXT will launch as a free update for PlayStation, PC, as well as launching on Xbox for the first time on July 24. The developers also released a new trailer for the update:

The NEXT update will include the followings:

Multiplayer
  • Team up a small team of friends and explore the universe together, or be joined by random travelers.
  • You can help friends to stay alive, or prey on others to survive.
  • Tiny shelters or complex colonies that you build as a team are shared for all players.
  • Fight as a pirate or a wingman in epic space battles with friends and enemies.
  • Race exocraft across weird alien terrains, creating race tracks and trails to share online.
  • Character customisation allows you to personalise your appearance.
Visual Overhaul
  • The game is fully playable in third or first person, both on-foot and in ship.
  • Planetary rings and improved space visuals make space more beautiful than ever.
  • Dramatically improved planetary terrain generation, ground textures, water and clouds bring the environment to life.
  • Significantly more detail added to ships, NPCs and buildings.
Unlimited Base Building
  • Bases can now be built anywhere on any planet.
  • Dramatically increased base building complexity and size limits.
  • Hundreds of new base parts.
  • Own multiple bases.
Command Freighters
  • Assemble and upgrade a fleet of frigates and command them from the bridge of your freighter.
  • Send your fleet out to into the universe, or deploy them to help you as you explore a specific system.
  • Improved freighter base building allows a truly custom capital ship.
  • Invite your friends aboard and take on challenging multiplayer missions from the Galactic Commision Station on your bridge.
"This is an incredibly important update for us, but it’s also just another step in a longer journey, and we’ll continue to support No Man’s Sky in this way for the foreseeable future," said Hello Games founder Sean Murray in a new blog entry.

:arrow: SOURCE

CathyRina

Digimon Tamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
This is exactly like I predicted it to be. All of these post launch updates fleshed out the game to the point where it's not even recognize-able anymore. It's kinda like Terraria, if you compare launch Terraria to current patch. The launch version looks like Early Access / Demo but was released as a full product. The difference being that Terraria costs next to nothing, there was very little hype and knowledge of the game spread through word of mouth/lets plays.

The hype & 60€ price tag did not do Hello Games any favors. It's been almost two years since launch and this game finally looks like there is something unique to experience. So I don't care if it's too late (It's a silly argument anyway) I'm gonna buy that 8€ copy off of Ebay and play it and if it's good I'm gonna tell others to give it a shot.

Reactions: kumikochan

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Quoting me from the past
No Man's Sky? More like No Man Cares.
2 years is too long to wait to add features that were supposed to have already been there.

Last edited by The Catboy,

TheTrueDream42

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's coming out new to Xbox this month. So that means that we'll be getting new reviews to tie in with this latest update.

I'm looking forward to see how good the game is now with current reviews, considering all the updates it got since launch.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol