Hacking No installed games appearing after changing SD card

renumi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys. I recently upgraded my SD card to a larger size, following the guide 'Changing SD Cards' from NH Switch Guide (can't link it) (partition-based)
Everything works fine, the only issue is, the games I installed on my old SD card (via TinWoo) are not showing anywhere. I moved all of my folders from my old card to my new card, so I was under the impression it would keep my games. I know I can reinstall them, but my internet is pretty bad so it's not ideal.
I'm just wonderign if maybe I missed a step or if there is no way to keep the games? (for reference, I installed the majority of them through FTP, as my PC does not have an SD card slot)
Thanks! :)

renumi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Did you transfer the hidden partition emunand?
Honestly not fully sure, I just followed the guide and hoped for the best ahha
EmuToolis your friend to copy your hidden partition or convert it to file based EmuNAND

So should I delete everything from my new SD and just use this instead of using Hekate to back up?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

So should I delete everything from my new SD and just use this instead of using Hekate to back up?

If you had an hidden partition emunand you have to convert it to a file based emunand and move it to new sd with the tool @impeeza linked.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia

No necessary, you can Backup the raw partition from the old sd card to files(using rmutool or Hekate's Nyx), then

• Use a tool like minitool partiton wizard to change the size of the partition on new sd card an leave 29 gb free at end onf card, then restore the backup to that raw space.
  • Use the backup as file based emuNAND
Post automatically merged:

are you following the guide https://rentry.org/EmuNANDNewSDcard ? this is a very good guide.

Last edited by impeeza,

renumi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No necessary, you can Backup the raw partition from the old sd card to files(using rmutool or Hekate's Nyx), then

• Use a tool like minitool partiton wizard to change the size of the partition on new sd card an leave 29 gb free at end onf card, then restore the backup to that raw space.
  • Use the backup as file based emuNAND
Post automatically merged:

are you following the guide ? this is a very good guide.
Thaat's not the exact guide I'm following, but very similar (can't post links sadly). I used minitool to partition my SD so now my SD card has both and E and D drive, but its seems that my E drive has 0gb so i think I may have done somethign wrong there..

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Thaat's not the exact guide I'm following, but very similar (can't post links sadly). I used minitool to partition my SD so now my SD card has both and E and D drive, but its seems that my E drive has 0gb so i think I may have done somethign wrong there..
The "E" drive shouldn't show on your Windows Explorer, the Idea is the RAW partition be empty space, then when you restore the RAW EmuNAND data to it, DO NOT HAVE a filesystem so no S.O. could understand it. that's why for some users get the nag "drive not recognized, do you want to format" and if they choose "yes" the EmuNAND get corrupted.

• Love
Reactions: binkinator

renumi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The "E" drive shouldn't show on your Windows Explorer, the Idea is the RAW partition be empty space, then when you restore the RAW EmuNAND data to it, DO NOT HAVE a filesystem so no S.O. could understand it. that's why for some users get the nag "drive not recognized, do you want to format" and if they choose "yes" the EmuNAND get corrupted.
Ahh okay thank you, so I must've formatted it incorrectly. I never said yes to format the drive, but I know that my old SD card doesn't have two different drives. So I should reformat it with EmuTools, right?

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
EmuTool doesn't fortmat the partition but allows you to restore the data which must have, so yes, use EmuTool to restore your EmuNand to the hidden partition (30GB)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Jaws is on a diet