Hacking No gpp partition can I restore it?

peepy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My switch is blue screen and I think I figured out why but I’m not sure. When I go into hekate text based version because my sd card seems to freeze hekate or anything hekate based.

I go to Emmc and there is no gpp partition table? I feel like I need that hoe do I restore it?

side issue anyone know why my micro sd might be freezing switch? It’s fat 32

Attachments

• 23720490-793F-41E0-B31C-A5B6B31FEEB0.jpeg
    23720490-793F-41E0-B31C-A5B6B31FEEB0.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 277

JackTheFroster

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i dont know about the emmc problem right now, but my micro sd is formatted to exfat, maybe backup your micro sd and format to exfat if possible? and when exactly did your problem occure, after any installation or something different?

peepy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i dont know about the emmc problem right now, but my micro sd is formatted to exfat, maybe backup your micro sd and format to exfat if possible? and when exactly did your problem occure, after any installation or something different?
no its a bluescreen switch I got for repair. biskeys.bin works and dumps to sd card but anything that is hekate based freezes when sd card is inserted.
ofw boots imediately to bluescreen no nintendo logo

JackTheFroster

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
no its a bluescreen switch I got for repair. biskeys.bin works and dumps to sd card but anything that is hekate based freezes when sd card is inserted.
ofw boots imediately to bluescreen no nintendo logo
okay... maybe hekate has problems reading fat32 or the switch itself has problems booting into anything correctly leading to unkonw sd card reading problems (more unlikely). did you try another payload with sd card reading options like tegra explorer? maybe try that.

and what is known about the issue, did you get any information how the bluescreen happened? i can just guess someone or something messed with the system files.

Last edited by JackTheFroster,

peepy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
okay... maybe hekate has problems reading fat32 or the switch itself has problems booting into anything correctly leading to unkonw sd card reading problems (more unlikely). did you try another payload with sd card reading options like tegra explorer? maybe try that.

and what is known about the issue, did you get any information how the bluescreen happened? i can just guess someone or something messed with the system files.

tegra explorer and biskeys payloads run no problem, tegra explorer has issues when I plug the sd card in and I cant dump anything to the sd as it freezes. Biskeys will dump the biskeys no issue. hekate text will load if I dont have the sd card in, I will try exfat and see if that works I thought the switch was fat32. It will show up in my working switch though in ofw.

It is not known how blue screen came to be in this switch unfortunately Hence why imhaving so much trouble haha.

JackTheFroster

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i honestly have no idea why the sd card causes issues other than the switch is badly corrupted and therefore causing issues with some codes that are trying to read an sd card. but i think fat32 is mostly more stable than exfat when it comes to homebrew but maybe the switch you have has the exfat update installed and causes issues.

peepy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i honestly have no idea why the sd card causes issues other than the switch is badly corrupted and therefore causing issues with some codes that are trying to read an sd card. but i think fat32 is mostly more stable than exfat when it comes to homebrew but maybe the switch you have has the exfat update installed and causes issues.
It failed and I’m giving up on this switch I’ve tested and fixed every hardware thing so it has to be a corrupted Emmc and I don’t have the files since I’m just working on it. Such a shame people ruin these lol.

JackTheFroster

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It failed and I’m giving up on this switch I’ve tested and fixed every hardware thing so it has to be a corrupted Emmc and I don’t have the files since I’m just working on it. Such a shame people ruin these lol.
yeah... its just weird why the sd card would freeze hekate. i wonder if theres any other payload with sd card reading function that wont freeze but it really seems like unless there is no backup and a way to restore it, it looks bad for this switch

peepy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
yeah... its just weird why the sd card would freeze hekate. i wonder if theres any other payload with sd card reading function that wont freeze but it really seems like unless there is no backup and a way to restore it, it looks bad for this switch
yep shes a goner its definitely the emmc and deleted files I found a way to get in the emmc even tho its freezing like crazy and all the files are jacked up or missing. I imagine since it cant mount a filesystem the micro sd card has nothing to mount to so it just freezes with anything more complex than biskeys. all the pins and caps and resistors were fine I troubleshooted it for days which is what sucks.

Reactions: JackTheFroster

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    I'm much more on the killing floor :x
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Imagine that every Pokemon game is the exact same but with slight tweaks.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, I'm not much of a gaymer, more-so a creator.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    @SylverReZ Syl my beloved :bow: gm
    +1
    It is friday
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Last time I played a game was hmmm... can't exactly recall. :wacko:
    I can't believe you got me with that
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I haven't been gaming for such a long time. Been mostly busy with sleep, hardware tinkering and checking GBAtemp frequently.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hope you've had a good morning.
    It's going alright thanks :) I know what you mean with gaming time. It's precious where I can get it these days.
    +1
    I think that's why I focus on just enjoying single player experiences that aren't too competitive
    How are you doing?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There's also this thing where I'm hyperfocused at night and cannot get to sleep.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he... +1