Homebrew no$gba/zoomer and HGSS

keke_keke

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After lots of effort, I finally got HGSS working without any (frequent? hasn't happened yet anyway) freezing, and can save just fine on no$zoomer. At first it was quite slow but the music was fine, so I just trotted along slowly up until Violet City. Then I suddenly realised some things were checked under EXTRAS and unchecked them, and wow, full speed! I'm so amazed that I'm now wondering if there's one final little check I can do that I haven't seen for a minor graphical issue (not gamebreaking).

I'm sure a lot of you will understand me if you emulate the DS on PC, it's to do with the 3D effects (e.g. attacks, the flash when a pokemon comes out of its ball, etc). They appear pretty pixelated and often have lots of black pixels on the outline. I'm thinking it might be a transparency issue (where some of these border pixels would be see through and then give the illusion of curves rather than harsh squares, if anyone understands me). Is there a general graphics option to fix this?

Thanks in advance.

jbuk2k7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Changing the 3d renderer from 'nocash' to OpenGL might get rid of the transparency artifacts at the cost of speed and possibly other graphical problems, but I can't check as I run no$gba through WINE and the OpenGL renderer just throws up an error when used.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Dude just shat himself.