Homebrew No$GBA running slower than it should on a netbook

kidisnice87

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a MSI Wind, and used to run no$gba on it. It was laggy which was understandable, since this IS a netbook and too weak for Nogba, but pokemon and slower games were still playable

But lately the emulator now slows down to unplayable speeds, then it boosts back to normal, then it slows down heavily again, then rinse and repeat. It didn't use to do this at all, it used to just stay at one constant playable speed. Any ideas on why this is happening, and is it preventable?

nryn99

desu~
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
check the 3d render settings. set it to nocash instead of opengl. and if your using no%zoomer disable ex5(unless it's required to play the game). and plug the power cord.

kidisnice87

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
all that is already done and pretty standard
The emulator still just jumps from 100% to 30% back to 100%

And yet sometimes it can run for an hour at 100% without any super slowdown, yet other times it just starts slowing down and speeding up as soon as I turn it on

Whipple

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There may be something else running in the background when it is slowing down.
Check for anti-virus scanning, disk defragmentation applications, disk indexing, etc.
Look at the task scheduler to see if anything may be launching while you are playing.

Modern operating systems do a lot in the background that is generally unnoticed unless you have a system with limited resources (like a netbook).

Since NO$GBA is running fine at times, I don't think it is the source of your issue.

kidisnice87

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whipple said:
There may be something else running in the background when it is slowing down.
Check for anti-virus scanning, disk defragmentation applications, disk indexing, etc.
Look at the task scheduler to see if anything may be launching while you are playing.

Modern operating systems do a lot in the background that is generally unnoticed unless you have a system with limited resources (like a netbook).

Since NO$GBA is running fine at times, I don't think it is the source of your issue.

Thanks, the problem was fixed. It turns out the indexing from the latest Xp update that I got was interfering with No$GBA, so every time that and a Spybot program would run, it would make the emu seriously lag. Been rectified now, thanks for the advice! I never would have checked if you didn't say this lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Sounds good actually.