Hacking No "Ds cart inserted" Problem..

Awesomeslayerg

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, i have a ds phat and i put akaio on my acekard corretcly.. So yesterday i couldnt charge my ds and i got my acekard yesterday. But when ever i insert it.. I hear it clicks but it is kinda lose or something. I put akiao on my microsd correctly.. Please help!

GOt it from RealHotStuff...

Awesomeslayerg

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
twiztidsinz said:
Awesomeslayerg said:
Ok i broke the bars on the acekard the 2 of them. Will the acekard still work even though i broke the bars or no..
Why did you do that?

Accenitally.. If its lose and will still work im ok with that but it dosent i have another one comming anyways
tongue.gif
And if you want to know how it broke, i put the game cartridge in heard a crack took it out and there it was broken,

koppernicus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
my acekard 2i worked up until i got to this page in the forum and i found this post - and the same problem happened to me.

spooky really...

so it was working on both my DSi and 3DS up until this moment. Nothing is bent, legit games work, and everything is there when i put the microSD into the reader into my PC.

... crazy... any advice on how to clear up contacts in order to get them working again?

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
koppernicus said:
my acekard 2i worked up until i got to this page in the forum and i found this post - and the same problem happened to me.

spooky really...

so it was working on both my DSi and 3DS up until this moment. Nothing is bent, legit games work, and everything is there when i put the microSD into the reader into my PC.

... crazy... any advice on how to clear up contacts in order to get them working again?
If they're dirty use rubbing alcohol and a cotton swab.
Often times the issue is that the Acekard has a thinner PCB (Printed Circuit Board) than retail cards and other flashcards so the Paper Trick (read above in the stickies) is a good way to fix it. I slipped a piece of paper under the contacts and trimmed it with a razor blade, it doesn't move, stays hidden and has 100% solved the contact issue.

koppernicus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
twiztidsinz said:
koppernicus said:

spooky really...

Often times the issue is that the Acekard has a thinner PCB (Printed Circuit Board) than retail cards and other flashcards so the Paper Trick (read above in the stickies) is a good way to fix it. I slipped a piece of paper under the contacts and trimmed it with a razor blade, it doesn't move, stays hidden and has 100% solved the contact issue.

thanks for the advice - after posting i read the sticky and went through all the steps.

nothing worked. (paper trick, cotton swab, paper under the PCB)

i checked if mine is genuine and it is - wonder if acekard will exchange it for me.

i'll just go buy a new one this week i think. kind of a waste as there's probably a 3DS one coming out soon.

Evo.lve

All that you could be.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
koppernicus said:
twiztidsinz said:
koppernicus said:

spooky really...

thanks for the advice - after posting i read the sticky and went through all the steps.

i checked if mine is genuine and it is - wonder if acekard will exchange it for me.

i'll just go buy a new one this week i think. kind of a waste as there's probably a 3DS one coming out soon.

Acekard stated that they wouldn't release a new Acekard for the 3DS, it would just be the 2i.

Anyway, your DS contacts are probably dusty. It's really not a Nintendo product if something doesn't get dusty (though I do suppose everything gets dusty). Get a can of compressed air and clean it out (I don't recommend blowing on it because of the water vapour and moisture in your breath).

koppernicus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Evo.lve said:
koppernicus said:
twiztidsinz said:
koppernicus said:

spooky really...

Acekard stated that they wouldn't release a new Acekard for the 3DS, it would just be the 2i.

Anyway, your DS contacts are probably dusty. It's really not a Nintendo product if something doesn't get dusty (though I do suppose everything gets dusty). Get a can of compressed air and clean it out (I don't recommend blowing on it because of the water vapour and moisture in your breath).

i'll try and clean it out with some compressed air - but it doesnt work on both my 3DS and DSi - and legit games do work - so i don't think its contacts.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Evo.lve said:
Do you have a link for that?

I read that they weren't going to use "AceKard3" or "AceKard 3DS" or similar name since they were taken by clones but I don't recall them saying they weren't going to make a new card.

Spongeroberto

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Bhutan
Remember that the paper trick might not be enough - the NDS has a very poor contact system, with the contacts sticking out to touch your cartridge. After long use those contacts can get 'bent in', making it almost impossible to read any cartridge. It may not *look* like the pins are bent because they all tend to be bent the same amount.

At that point you'll need to either open your DS to bend the pins again or you'll need to use a paperclip or thin pin to pull the contacts up again through the slot.

Why they every made it that way I'll never know. Horrible, horrible decision.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol