No Documentation for Wiikey?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Veloxi, Sep 4, 2008.

Sep 4, 2008

No Documentation for Wiikey? by Veloxi at 2:30 AM (822 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. Veloxi
    OP

Member Veloxi GBAtemp Regular

Iceland
    My Wiikey/Wiiclip should be in tomorrow, and I've found the various videos on youtube, images on forums, etc. that show you how to install it and properly place the paper packaging over the clip once it's installed.

However, setup discs? Upgrade discs? Why is there no information on this? I've tried www.wiikey.cn (their official site) and they don't say a damn thing about how to use their chip. Hell, even their chip installation guide shows 5 points to solder, 2 images, and no text.

Whatever... I just want to make this thing work once I get it instead of dealing with poorly written/lack of directions.

Can anyone do a step-by-step please?

1.) Open wii, install clip
    2.) Place paper over clip, close wii
    3.) Boot game? Run some kind of disc? Here is where I'm lost.

Thanks [​IMG]

2. fiveighteen

Member fiveighteen High Hopes and Low Expectations

United States
    After installing and placing the paper over top of it, download the WiiKey 1.9s Update disc and the Config 1.9s disc. Burn them both and insert the update disc first. Follow the on-screen instructions and then eject it when it's done. (For some reason I remember having to run this disc twice...) Then insert the config disc and set your options. Eject that and you're ready to play games.

3. Veloxi
    OP

Member Veloxi GBAtemp Regular

Iceland
    Thanks, Summersett [​IMG]