Hardware No Browser on the Nintendo Switch ? Is this true ?

Gnarmagon

Noob <3
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
On the Presentation were some Photos from the UI of the Nintendo Switch and there was no Browser on the Pictures ?
nintendo-switch-UI-689x389.jpg

Reactions: SSG Vegeta

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On the Presentation were some Photos from the UI of the Nintendo Switch and there was no Browser on the Pictures ?

Could it be that the console isn't complete yet, and neither is the OS? Wait. It's not the end of the world.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I would imagine they have learned from their mistakes....I'm sure it will probably be there, but they will never install it by default and force people to update to access the eshop to get their hands on it (thus blocking yay browser hax are out time to go buy a switch after the fact people to a degree), and no doubt do the same browser lockdown crap as the 3ds now has to contend with

Last edited by gamesquest1,

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
they mentioned in the presentation there was a app for online services that you would use on your smart device..
i suspect most online stuff will use a smarphone as a companion...

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heh.....miiverse.........:rofl:
Even though they're killing it off, so, that's a thing. Nothing says social media than having draconian butthurt "mods" who censor anything that might hurt little Timmy and make him cry to mommy because of something someone said. Well maybe little Timmy shouldn't be on the internet. :rolleyes:

dAVID_

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Even though they're killing it off, so, that's a thing. Nothing says social media than having draconian butthurt "mods" who censor anything that might hurt little Timmy and make him cry to mommy because of something someone said. Well maybe little Timmy shouldn't be on the internet. :rolleyes:

So true.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I'm just joking, they have already mentioned sharing on proper social media site ( iirc the specifically mentioned fb and twitter) and said at a later date the will add video support (I'm guessing YouTube and twitch maybe)........guess there will be a big increase in workload for their YouTube takedown team :P

But all of that could technically be done through applets with no fully functional browser

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
IIRC neither the Wii U nor the 3DS had a browser at launch, with Wii U it became available after installing the launch day update and with 3DS it was added in a later firmware update. (2.0.0 I believe)

ArChYoAtis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Its a demo unit ofc there wont be any core features plus we already know its gona have some features with phone so i wouldnt be surprised if they dont have browser etc useless stuff

Last edited by raulpica, , Reason: Post like a normal person, please. Thanks -rp
Reactions: Eastonator12

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Since they went mobile with the parental control app and all, maybe they thought that a browser isn't needed. Maybe they thought those damn hax bastardz will hack the Switch through a browser exploit again so they didn't add one. Maybe the browser isn't finished yet and will be added via a future system update.

xile6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
as most have said. The photo is a pre release and probably isnt finish.
A web browser is basic, Im sure they will have one at launch or shortly after. Either way it doesnt matter to me. 100% of the time i have my phone with me and that works much better then any gaming system browser.

Reactions: XRaTiX

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: