Hacking No$3DS NOT CONFIRMED!

Unlimax

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
According to the developer behind No$GBA on Emuforums he mention that he is currently working hard to make this happen ~

Someone asked him about the No$GBA 2.7 not being free and he mention :

Yeah, sorry. I just need some money to be able to keep working on no$xxx projects. Most of them are freeware, please don't feel too depressed if I try to get a few dollars (or cents) for some of the programs.

he also add today :

I've added the 3DS cartridges to the unknown hardware list. The plastic edge looks a bit disturbing, but I guess one can cut away that edge, or simply run the ID tools on a 3DS console.

So its most likely happening .. well i can't wait for that :P
Edit : false information , blame how derpy i was !

Last edited by Unlimax,

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Don't the ROMs have to be decrypted for this to work? :/

Yes but given Mr Korth is the guy that sorted the DS protocol out for everybody (plus you know writing the reference standard hardware docs for most consoles going) it is not like it is Joe Random Bellend on a forum somewhere saying it.

TheDreamLord

Trophies
Website
darkraino1.zymichost.com
XP
Country
Yes but given Mr Korth is the guy that sorted the DS protocol out for everybody (plus you know writing the reference standard hardware docs for most consoles going) it is not like it is Joe Random Bellend on a forum somewhere saying it.

Ah thank you.

It's just... aren't they AES-256 (Maybe that's the firmware, can't remember) or something? I can't remember what method of encryption the games are, but I do remember it was hard to crack.

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh? Man, and I still remember when no$gba was, like, iced for a couple years :x Hopefully something turns out of this!

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
ROM's were never the goal of NO$ projects - the aim is accurate emulation of the hardware. It's a development tool more than anything, there are far better ROM-related projects out there.
If he's striving for accurate emulation, his emulators should play ROMs -- because that's what actual machines do.

And all of his emulators have played ROMS.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hardware emulation accuracy =/= playing ROM's, hence playing ROM's often implies using Anti-AP patches.
Well honestly, if it emulates all of the real hardware properly, it only stands to reason that it can run proper cart dumps as well, as the original hardware can run the carts.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Well honestly, if it emulates all of the real hardware properly, it only stands to reason that it can run proper cart dumps as well, as the original hardware can run the carts.

Provided it has the BIOS installed etc. yes - that's not always the case though.

Chaossaturn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does this technically mean, that the No$ team have hacked the 3DS, as I guess in order to make an emulator you would have to hack 3ds to know how it works?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Does this technically mean, that the No$ team have hacked the 3DS, as I guess in order to make an emulator you would have to hack 3ds to know how it works?

Not team, just Martin, and no, you don't need to hack a system to start coding an emulator - you might as well rely on information found by others.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-