OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Nitrohax 0.90 released
Cheat tool updated.

Chishm (author of libfat amongst other things) has updated his nitrohax application. For those unaware nitrohax was one of the first cheating applications for the DS, this one allows users of flash carts to cheat on commercial games.

[3851]NitroHax_screen.png

* Fixed cheat parsing bug that required codes to be all on one line
* Changed to a different hooking method that should hopefully work for all games, but may break some that were working before
* Error codes are displayed if something goes wrong while loading the game
* Updated GUI
* Compiles with DevkitARM r24

icon11.gif
 Homepage (download and basic setup guide)
download.gif
 GBAtemp download
icon11.gif
GBAdev release thread
discuss.png
Discuss

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Oh, this could be interesting some times... How does one use this? I've read the instructions, but I never understood really how...
Is it only for slot2 devices? does it work with the 3 in 1?
someone got to help me with this!
smile.gif
I think I'll need it for some games, like final fantasy 3, to save everywhere
biggrin.gif

FAST6191

Techromancer
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@Issac if you want FF3 it is probably easier to use a save editor and thundaga is the best one in my opinion. (thread here: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=401...mp;#entry515512 and it should be somewhere in the downloads section, failing that I have a mirror: http://www.4shared.com/file/8816899/4a52d7...ource_Code.html )
As I recall there is an item to allow you to save anywhere so you might as well give yourself a few dozen of those.
Save dumper if you lack one:
http://www009.upp.so-net.ne.jp/rudolph/nds/Backup/

Back on topic it should work with any DLDI capable cart (DS slot or GBA slot), you probably could rig something up with FCSR though and use it on a 3 in 1 if you really wanted though.

George290506

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
I have used many (if not all) versions of NH with slot-2 supercards.
But I still cannot understand why he doesn't make it for "non-original" games... It would give it more attraction and it will be more useful!

FAST6191

Techromancer
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@George290506 there are two reasons given:
1) Anti piracy, there was a exchange of sorts when it became known that a dldi game dumper was made but not released (at the time there was no dumper other than some custom hardware and an old tool from silvermoon team that only worked on a handful of very early M3's and supercards). That was one of the reasons given then.

2) It would require that makers give up information on the workings of their cart, given the troubles had with getting the data for dldi and the precursors to work (far simpler and far less risky from the point of view of the cart maker's intellectual property*)......

*irony noted.

There is however the option of DSATM which is a tool able to hardpatch cheats into rom images which is able to be used with nearly every cart going.

George290506

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
FAST6191 said:
1) Anti piracy, there was a exchange of sorts when it became known that a dldi game dumper was made but not released (at the time there was no dumper other than some custom hardware and an old tool from silvermoon team that only worked on a handful of very early M3's and supercards). That was one of the reasons given then.This is I knew so far. I hoped he changed his plans.

FAST6191 said:
2) It would require that makers give up information on the workings of their cart, given the troubles had with getting the data for dldi and the precursors to work (far simpler and far less risky from the point of view of the cart maker's intellectual property*)......I remember that.

FAST6191 said:
*irony noted.
NO! I don't want to be ironic at any case. I respect your aspects.

QUOTE(FAST6191 @ Nov 28 2008, 07:37 PM)
There is however the option of DSATM which is a tool able to hardpatch cheats into rom images which is able to be used with nearly every cart going.
Great I didn't know its existence.

pika9323

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hmm this new Version doesn´t want work on my R4 =/ .

I tried formatting my MicroSD Card. No sucess. I keep getting "Fat Init failed" error.

R4 1.18
YSMenu

All failed.

But i remember an old Version worked for me.

Someone has the same problem?

FAST6191

Techromancer
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@George290506 sorry for the misunderstanding, I was not trying to be ironic or imply you were. It was more that flash carts which if we face facts only exist to run the intellectual property of others being worried about having theirs misappropriated.

@pika9323 did you try patching it with a tool as opposed to relying on the autopatching.

D

Deleted User

FAST6191 said:

* Fixed cheat parsing bug that required codes to be all on one line
* Changed to a different hooking method that should hopefully work for all games, but may break some that were working before
* Error codes are displayed if something goes wrong while loading the game
* Updated GUI
* Compiles with DevkitARM r24

I'm pretty sure he meant DevkitARM r23 considering r24 is not out yet.

pika9323

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Okay i finally got it working!
But nothing happens!

I got stuck on the start screen ( Written by Chishm) but my DS still gets in Standby so i think he didn´t frezzed.

But if i remove my R4 i will get th Fat init failed error again =/.

I will try more out.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."