Hacking Ninty's workload

s3phir0th115

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think with TT on there ass with a stockpile of IOS exploits, combined with AHBPROT and Smashstack, they're pretty much boned unless they rewrite the IOS with more security. Though given that they have so many versions for compatibility, I doubt that's going to happen.

rAiN mAn 2o0o

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"There is nothing man can build or make, that can't be taken apart and understood by fellow men."

except a proto code. Algorithm with no known or repeating symbols. something completely "alien."

Even AES algorithm is not perfect! isn't math wonderful?

sorry if I went a lil off topic... this thread just got me thinking.

mike333

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
mauifrog said:
Anyone seen this- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouHLxsHclRg
I have not tested it, but it looks like a decent attempt to block Smash Stack.
I wonder. Does nintendo send code to execute on client side? This code is of course signed and it's hash verified using strcmp function...
Phantasy Star exploit for dreamcast if I remember correctly.

Coconuts 500

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
mauifrog said:
Fixing Smash Stack is easy, just stub ios36 and recall SSBB, Mario Kart and Castelvania.
Yeah, really easy. And then imagine the wonderful publicity Nintendo would get when the millions of people who had already bought these games started making some noise.
rolleyes.gif

I'd be seriously pissed if my games suddenly stopped working, after installing an update that would supposedly "provide behind-the-scenes fixes that will not affect features but will improve the overall system performance."

Nintendo needs to stop releasing these shitty updates. It will hurt their reputation.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
mike333 said:
mauifrog said:
Anyone seen this- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouHLxsHclRg
I have not tested it, but it looks like a decent attempt to block Smash Stack.
I wonder. Does nintendo send code to execute on client side? This code is of course signed and it's hash verified using strcmp function...
Phantasy Star exploit for dreamcast if I remember correctly.
No, they just send a stage and an image (apparently). However, it should be perfectly possible to delete the Brawl save, load Brawl (without going online) and use Smash Stack. But you'll lose all progress on Brawl, as you can't dump the save on an unmodified Wii. I see no reason for this not to work, I don't think they can make a save undeleteable. And they almost definitely can't do so retroactively (i.e. the game didn't do this to saves when it was released, they can't change the game's behaviour to do it now)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/Samsung-Galaxy-S22+,Google-Pixel-8a/phones/11762,12219...