Hacking Nintendo's evil plan

Status
Not open for further replies.

ov3rkill

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I don't care. I support Nintendo's evil plan except for the subscription thing which is coming and sounds sketchy as fuck like MS-fuck Xbox Live Gold thing. I hope it isn't.

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
I don't care. I support Nintendo's evil plan except for the subscription thing which is coming and sounds sketchy as fuck like MS-fuck Xbox Live Gold thing. I hope it isn't.
If you have a job, online subscriptions aren't really a thing. I always like that people point the finger at Microsoft for this, but Sony also does this. Do people not complain about services like Hulu, Netflix, and Spotify because they've always been subscription based services? People also seem to fail to realize that these subscriptions come with perquisites. Microsoft's and Sony's services give users free games every month. You get other (meaningless bullshit to me) bonuses as well, but if you can't afford $60 a year ($25 in Nintendo's case), I have to wonder why you even put forth the money for the initial cost of the console.

Edit: "in a cardboard box"
Oops.

Last edited by Joom,

EmanueleBGN

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Italy
Is it "evil" trying to protect its property against who want it without pay it?
The Switch is not thinked for Homebrew of CFW and pirates games, Nintendo wants to protect its economical interests

HexZyle

Pretty Petty Pedant
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
If you have a job, online subscriptions aren't really a thing. I always like that people point the finger at Microsoft for this, but Sony also does this. Do people not complain about services like Hulu, Netflix, and Spotify because they've always been subscription based services? People also seem to fail to realize that these subscriptions come with perquisites. Microsoft's and Sony's services give users free games every month. You get other (meaningless bullshit to me) bonuses as well, but if you can't afford $60 a year ($25 in Nintendo's case), I have to wonder why you even put forth the money for the initial cost of the console.

Couldn't have said it better. TBH I'd rather have a small fee for a global service like Nintendo online if it means that it'll keep running for a few years longer at the end of the console's life.
Running online services aren't free, and before you say "Nintendo can pay for it", remember that money comes from somewhere, in this case the sale of the game. Big companies don't just start printing money once they get large enough. Sales revenue isn't infinite, and much of it is invested into the next game. Eventually a time will come where a game's online services have outlived their price, and things get shut down.

I do have to correct you on the microsoft thing though. They're really not that good.

Last edited by HexZyle,

ov3rkill

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

Edit: "in a cardboard box"
Oops.

I don't know if you still remember what MS did before but their subscription Xbox Live Gold before back in the 360 didn't offer any games. It's just for multiplayer and a bunch of non-sense features which should be included in the game anyway. Back in the day, I chose Sony because of free multiplayer and monthly games on different platforms PS3, PSP, Vita, minis, etc. It's not until the later years MS adapted to what Sony did. No need to support companies who are clearly up to your wallet just like with micro-transactions. I just hope Nintendo would offer something or better what Sony has especially since they are new to this thing. We'll just have to wait and see.

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
I do have to correct you on the microsoft thing though
What exactly is there to correct? Why do people think that I'm some Microsoft fanboy any time I make this argument?
I don't know if you still remember what MS did before but their subscription Xbox Live Gold before back in the 360 didn't offer any games. It's just for multiplayer and a bunch of non-sense features which should be included in the game anyway. Back in the day, I chose Sony because of free multiplayer and monthly games on different platforms PS3, PSP, Vita, minis, etc. It's not until the later years MS adapted to what Sony did. No need to support companies who are clearly up to your wallet just like with micro-transactions. I just hope Nintendo would offer something or better what Sony has especially since they are new to this thing. We'll just have to wait and see.
Sony only offered free games to PS Gold subscribers. Dunno where you got the idea that this was available to all PSN members. And again, why do people think that I support these marketing decisions? I just don't bitch about them because I'm an adult that can afford them. Also, Nintendo is only offering Virtual Console streaming. You don't get anything, just the ability to stream games you could otherwise emulate for free. The "old days" also aren't relevant anymore, obviously. What companies used to do holds absolutely no bearing now.

Last edited by Joom,
Reactions: sarkwalvein

8BitWonder

Small Homebrew Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nah, it will never be that simple.
Nintendo will choose the best way, send an update that destroys your battery.
To bad to those without warranty but that's one way to force everyone to buy a new Switch.
I'm pretty sure if Nintendo (or any company for that matter) sent out an update that purposefully harmed their systems with slowdowns, or actually made them stop functioning, there'd be hell to pay. Plus that'd destroy their public image.

Last edited by 8BitWonder,
Reactions: Deleted User

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think this is stupid, but i think nintendo has an evil plan against us, first, they made that we need 3.0.1 to play Super Mario Odyssey
But what if now Nintendo makes that we need 5.0.0 to play Super Smash Bros, Metroid 4, Bayonetta 3 and Pokemon?
What is better, homebrew or that games?
unless you have lived under a rock for the past decade.

consoles have always made firmware requirements on its new titles.

its not an evil plan.

what if nintendo optimised the firmware code to increase performance for xxx title, if you make it a requirement to have this firmware then its going to prevent the n00bs bitching,

also firmware updates are said to be a security measure to "prevent" hackers/exploits which lead to piracy.

Reactions: sarkwalvein

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Nintendo is protecting their investors, developers, business partners. You're not entitled to anything so stop complaining

SoslanVanWieren

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
just buy a used wii or wii u if you want emulators if you want emulators on the go get a gpd xd or gpd win the gpd win can run dolphin.

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I thought Microsoft started doing it back in the day because of the many dedicated servers while Sony used peer to peer at the beginning. Could be wrong but i think that was the reason

designgears

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pretty simple fact you're overlooking OP, Nintendo doesn't know the how so they won't be patching anything in 5.0.0, unless they figured it out on their own, which I doubt.

Bowl0l

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I'm pretty sure if Nintendo (or any company for that matter) sent out an update that purposefully harmed their systems with slowdowns, or actually made them stop functioning, there'd be hell to pay. Plus that'd destroy their public image.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.businessinsider.com/nintendo-switch-battery-bug-fix-update-2017-8
They will just announce it's a bug and offer a 12 hours tutorial to fix it.
Since they already did a global test for 3.00, which manipulates the battery, they know how to react to the backlash of this fatal fw.

ov3rkill

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I thought Microsoft started doing it back in the day because of the many dedicated servers while Sony used peer to peer at the beginning. Could be wrong but i think that was the reason

I see. I did not think of that. Then I stand corrected because honestly, a dedicated server which would cost especially for maintenance is still better than a peer-to-peer connection during those times.
I used to play CS1.6 and the first Modern Warfare on dedicated servers and it was definitely better but it was on PC and those games also offered LAN. geez. talking about old-school LAN party.

@Joom
Not sure if there was PSN Gold. I'm sure free monthly games were offered for the PS Plus members (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_Network#PlayStation_Plus) (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Instant_Game_Collection_games_(North_America)).
The only thing I can think of Gold for Sony is the trophies - Silver, Gold, Platinum(?).

I think Xbox Live Gold was for the subscribers and Silver for the non-subs.

Anyway, I just don't want Nintendo locking up some features in the game especially the multiplayer behind a subscription. Playing Splatoon and Mario Kart are currently fine as it is. Hopefully, it'll be the same for Super Smash and probably some upcoming multiplayer games. That's just my opinion.

Reactions: kumikochan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    just look it up
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    from the perspective that the original audience that saw it as kids are now grown adults
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I heard the original comic books were as dark as that
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    it's called the last ronin
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    while that was a kid-friendly endeavor, this new take will adapt the story Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Last Ronin. The outlet notes that this new iteration is being written by “Tyler Burton Smith, who co-wrote the upcoming R-rated action movie Boy Kills World and who wrote the 2019 iteration of Chucky horror franchise Child’s Play.”
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    The film, titled ‘The Last Ronin,’ will be targeted at adults and promises a high-body count tale
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I grew up with the 2012 show
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    so yeah, they're will be lots of kills
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    so kinda like how they went r rated in the Loan movie for wolverine
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    and remember that time when someone had the idea to make scooby doo r rated?
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    where shaggy is a stoner and a pothead?
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    that's a true story
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Mondooooo, the first scooby doo live action film?
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    it's cancelled and not in the works anymore
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    they kinda implied it, and joked about it in the cartoon attorney harvey birdman
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    im gonna binge watch metalocalypse, any tips?
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @Xdqwerty yeah in th elive action Shaggy meets a girl that introduces herself as "Mary jane" shaggy responds "thats my favorite name"
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    damn
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    the james gunn scooby doo is wild
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, it also had several deleted scenes
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    i wish someone could remake it or leak the footage
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    it would be the best discovery known to mankind
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    i will be eating dinner at 5:00pm
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @Xdqwerty were the deleted scenes significant?
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    so im just killing some time
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: so im just killing some time