Hacking Nintendont won't load while gamecube adapter is plugged in

MrDaveIsAwesome

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all, whenever I load a gamecube game from USB Loader GX with my gamecube controller adapter plugged in to the back of the Wii u, it stays on a black screen then opens the nintendont menu, instead of automatically booting into the game? (and then i don't have my settings configured, so I can't really play any of the games)

Then when i unplug the adapter it will load fine, no issues what so ever. I didn't have this issue for a long time, but it seems to have come up from nowhere. has anybody else encountered this?

JacobM

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all, whenever I load a gamecube game from USB Loader GX with my gamecube controller adapter plugged in to the back of the Wii u, it stays on a black screen then opens the nintendont menu, instead of automatically booting into the game? (and then i don't have my settings configured, so I can't really play any of the games)

Then when i unplug the adapter it will load fine, no issues what so ever. I didn't have this issue for a long time, but it seems to have come up from nowhere. has anybody else encountered this?

How are you loading USB Loader GX? From the vWii Menu or directly from the Wii U menu. If from the Wii U menu, does it ask if you want to use the Gamepad prior to booting into USB Loader GX? If so, you are attempting to boot USBGX in WiiU WiiVC mode on an old version of USB Loader GX. When using the gamepad with USB Loader GX as a front end for Nintendont, the arguments (args) gets glitched out when an HID controller plugged in. However, plugging in the HID adapter after nintendont boots will allow the game to load. @Cyan made a quick patch to USBGX to disable args boot when USB Loader GX detects WiiU WiiVC mode. See more here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/usb-loader-gx.149922/page-1268#post-8224138

If that version works for you, then the latest version should work as well (version 1272) https://sourceforge.net/projects/usbloadergx/files/latest/download

Last edited by JacobM,
Reactions: Cyan

napouser

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
However, plugging in the HID adapter after nintendont boots will allow the game to load

then my controller is not working with said game

@Cyan made a quick patch to USBGX to disable args boot when USB Loader GX detects WiiU WiiVC mode. See more here:

how do i use that patch?
is it a patch for root of SD ? do i change the boot.dol of nintendont or usbgx?

speaking about usbgx where can i find that loader and how can i load him?

thanks

IndexS

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Bump, Same issue. Games work fine without anything attached but when I plug in a controller or the gamecube adapter, games don't load.

liveswired

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It came out of the blue for me also last year when booting my GCN VC games - I can only plug the GCN controller adapter in after the vWii loads the game in.

I first noticed it after one of the last Wii U official updates, I can't remember when exactly but I had to reinstall Haxchi and Cold Boot Haxchi. Still, plugging in after the game boots is only a minor inconvenience.

Daniel Sahr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try replacing the Nintendont boot.dol on your SD card with build 6.486. I had this issue as well when using injects from the Wii U menu and swapping the boot.dol fixed it for me. Apparently it is an issue with the BBA support that was added in the last few versions. Because USBLoaderGX simply launches the game using Nintendont, this should be able to fix it.

Reactions: Mamothstard

Mamothstard

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Try replacing the Nintendont boot.dol on your SD card with build 6.486. I had this issue as well when using injects from the Wii U menu and swapping the boot.dol fixed it for me. Apparently it is an issue with the BBA support that was added in the last few versions. Because USBLoaderGX simply launches the game using Nintendont, this should be able to fix it.
Thank you so much!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: :rofl2: