Nintendont on WiiU with Pro Controller & GC Controllers

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by derdon, Jun 5, 2018.

1. derdon
    OP

derdon Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 29, 2016
    Gambia, The
    Hi!
    I managed to do a GC inject with the inject tool but i want to use the wiiu pro controller or a GC controller with the official adapter.
    I think this is not possible with the injects and i have to go through the vwii mode and install nintendont there.
    Is that correct or is there a different solution to use nintendont with those controllers?

Hyena likes this.
  2. neufel

neufel Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 5, 2018
    Switzerland
    Hello !
    I believe what you're looking for would be injecting Nintendont, and not the games themselves.
    Gamecube adapter and WiiU Pro Controller are compatible with the games this way. Only caveat being that you need the games on your SD card.

I've found this information on the Nintendont sticky in this subforum. I have tried the official WiiU Gamecube adapter myself this way, and it works great :)

3. LunarAxis

LunarAxis Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 27, 2018
    United States
    Link to this info? I'm still fairly uninformed on how GitHub even works, and when I see others connecting the controller seamlessly, I can't figure out why mine won't do so at all on Nintendont Forwarder. My WiiMote and Gamepad (obviously) work fine, and so does my GC Adapter.

4. neufel

neufel Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 5, 2018
    Switzerland
    As I've said, I've found this information on the Nintendont sticky in this subforum. I can't link to it as I'm a new member, but it's right here on gbatemp.
    Here's a quote:
    I've tried this just now and it works.
    Connect your Wii U pro controller, launch Nintendont from the WiiU side, press a button when Nintendont has launched to reconnect. And that's it. It works out of the box for me.

But watch out. If you've got wired controllers, I believe your Wii U controller won't work as player one.

5. LunarAxis

LunarAxis Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 27, 2018
    United States
    You're a saint. Thank you. My problem is most likely just the controllers possibly being unofficial. Even though they look pretty real. I ordered mine without the intention of using them for Nintendont, though, so

6. neufel

neufel Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 5, 2018
    Switzerland
    You're welcome !
    And yeah I've heard some people having issues with non-official pro controllers, that may be it.

7. OrGoN3

OrGoN3 GBAtemp Addict

Apr 23, 2007
    United States
    This is also correct, as long as you do NOT enabled the option to play on the Wii U Gamepad. Doing so disables the use of USB ports.

8. SCOTT0852

SCOTT0852 Kid now, squid now

Jan 20, 2018
    United States
    I was pretty sure just launching an inject disabled USB...

9. OrGoN3

OrGoN3 GBAtemp Addict

Apr 23, 2007
    United States
    Yes. My bad. It is disabled with all and any injection. I wonder why that is, especially since the USB ports are used to reroute the Gamepad input when that is being used.

10. Zense

Zense GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 20, 2008
    Italy
    I had an unofficial controller too (PowerA), and what I did was to buy the Magic-NS usb adapter and now it works for nintendont too. Only caveat is that the adapter only connects one controller.

templar701 likes this.
  11. neufel

neufel Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 5, 2018
    Switzerland
    Ok now I feel really stupid not checking beforehand.

But I tried the "Don't use gamepad as controller" on the Advanced tab of TeconMoon's tool. The app launched prompting a wiimote. When the game started, my Gamecube controller was recognized instantly via the GC adapter.

Then I thought "wait, I've never tried to start my injected games via wiimote".

Absolutely all my GC games that I injected for the gamepad also worked with the GC controller. Just reject the gamepad prompt when you start the game. That's it.

And yeah, you guessed it, it works with the WiiU Pro Controller too.

I can't believe I've missed such a useful feature ? I'm feeling quite dumb. And happy. I can finally inject the games that use the analog triggers without remorse.

Zense likes this.
  12. derdon
    OP

derdon Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 29, 2016
    Gambia, The
    Exactly the point i missed, too!
    You just need to decline the use of the gamepad.
    For now i use a nintendont forwarder because playing with the video settings is quite useful.

neufel likes this.
  13. samhush

samhush Member

Newcomer
    Feb 1, 2008
    United States
    Is there a way to decline the use of the gamepad but still launch the game without using a wiimote? I'd rather not have to use a wiimote for launching when I just want to play a GCN game with a pro controller.

14. gravx1

gravx1 Member

Newcomer
    Oct 26, 2018
    United States

Wait how? I have nintentdont on wii u, and I launch gamecube games to start nintendo.t, ho would I get it to let me use wii u pro controller, while turning off the gamepad. I am a noob so need baby steps. Please and thankyou

Last edited by gravx1, Nov 12, 2018
  15. templar701

templar701 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 20, 2015
    Hi Zense, just randomly came across your post; I was considering getting a Magic-NS USB adapter but thought it only allows controller use on the Switch/PC. How did you get it to function on the Wii U? I'd be grateful if you could share your set up please, and whether it's a wired or wireless set-up.

EDIT: ah think I can guess, the Magic NS is plugged into Wii U, via USB, and the adapter is in PC mode (DINPUT or XINPUT) and then your PowerA controller is sync to the adapter via Bluetooth. It's essentially behaving like a wireless HID.

Last edited by templar701, Dec 10, 2018
    Zense likes this.
  16. Zense

Zense GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 20, 2008
    Italy
    Weird I didn't see this until now. Anyways yeah, you were right. My Magic NS connects to the Wii U and I can set the adapter to different inputs but usually I use the blue light (which is for PS3 so DInput (?) ). It works pretty well and it's great getting to use the same controller over different consoles (in this case GC, Wii, WiiU /w emulators and PC). I guess it should work on a Xbox 360 too since it has xinput. Gotta test that some day...

17. pbsk8

pbsk8 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 23, 2015
    Brazil
    I got an adapter brand Dobe and it is not working with injected gc games

I am trying with chibi robo and before launching, it asks for the gamepad, I say no, and during the warning health etc screen not my wiimote not even my gc controllers work. So I get stuck.

I dont have haxchi, I use mocha cfw and the vc injector by teconmoon. Any idea how to fix this or it is the adapter? It has 4 ports and switch/wiiu/pc support