Homebrew Nintendont on wii (-1 kernel error)

naxil

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
that i have do.. every sd card have a built in controller inside (i have see it on ccc video), probably i have sd card with controller not compatible with the source of nintendont.. that is very strange.. crediar have make diosmioslite and now is very stable (with some game is possible reset wii like original game)

naxil

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
maxternal.. nintendont not write any log file here... the -1 kernel load error come out immdefiatly after i choice the game.. Joostinonline giveme the dol with debug, i have launch some game but i haven't any log file... so probably usbgecko can do some.. can u reproduce that error? and crediar askme the complete DUMP of that kind of error!

naxil

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
i have hex for curiosity the nincfg.bin and i have see it (header)

Code:
0000000: 0107 0cf6 0000 0001 0000 0306 0001 0001  ................
0000010: ffff ffff 2f67 616d 6573 2f47 4146 4530  ..../games/GAFE0
0000020: 312f 6761 6d65 2e69 736f 0000 0000 0000  1/game.iso......

game is ANIMALCROSSING (shrink to 28mb) only italian lenguages

SirLoopy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Looking into the code, I suspect this could have something to do with some of the checks to see if nintendont is loading on a Wii or WiiU, and then running slightly different code in places.

My best guess is that the Family Wii is seen as a Wii and then there is an attempt to access something GameCube specific which is causing the problem.

My friend will be lending me his Family Wii in the next week or 2 and I'll look deeper into solving this problem.

Reactions: Coto and mike1

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Maxternal can u helpme? with the log file?
Well, my understanding of this error is it's because that part of the code just crashes and doesn't run so it's not likely to give any log if it's crashed.
My GUESS about what has happened is maybe some versions of IOS58 aren't exactly the same even though their version number says they are and it's failing to patch because of that. I'd try packing your IOS58 into a WAD file and checking the SHA-1 and MD5 of the file. You can post those numbers here so maybe someone with who has it working can do the same and compare.

(You've probably answered this before so forgive me for asking again but ...) are you using a Wii U or a Wii with/without GameCube ports? If it's a Wii with no GameCube ports, does yours show GameCube disk in the disk channel or not? and does yours have a GameCube memory card section in data management?

(I kind of remember someone saying that some no-GC Wiis did and didn't have those BUT that all were LABELED as system menu v4.3 ... It's kind of just a wild theory that maybe there are other subtle changes in the IOS (with the same version number) in that case ... but wild theories are all I got right now)

naxil

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
my wii is 4.3e, it is black wii with gc port. i know i can use DIOSMIOS or devo... but i want help me and other people with that problem.
I have install ios58 latest version from nus

mf3199

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Well, my understanding of this error is it's because that part of the code just crashes and doesn't run so it's not likely to give any log if it's crashed.
My GUESS about what has happened is maybe some versions of IOS58 aren't exactly the same even though their version number says they are and it's failing to patch because of that. I'd try packing your IOS58 into a WAD file and checking the SHA-1 and MD5 of the file. You can post those numbers here so maybe someone with who has it working can do the same and compare.

(You've probably answered this before so forgive me for asking again but ...) are you using a Wii U or a Wii with/without GameCube ports? If it's a Wii with no GameCube ports, does yours show GameCube disk in the disk channel or not? and does yours have a GameCube memory card section in data management?

(I kind of remember someone saying that some no-GC Wiis did and didn't have those BUT that all were LABELED as system menu v4.3 ... It's kind of just a wild theory that maybe there are other subtle changes in the IOS (with the same version number) in that case ... but wild theories are all I got right now)

Yes, i have te newer wii (family edition) and it shows gamecube disk in disk channel and i have a gamecube memory card section, i think it's the same software without mios

naxil

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
probably nintendont not work with WII have that on SYSCHECK : HOLLIWOOD v0x21
IS a different hollywood revision, present on latest wii (gc compatible, wii familty and probably wiimini)

airline38

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
I am not 100% sure if the root cause is something to do with Hollywood v0x21.
but one of my Wii(s) has the same problem.

AFAIK there is no problem for any Wii with Hollywood v0x11.

However, the Hollywood version of my Wii U is v0x21 (suppose all Wii U are the same) and it's no problem to run nintendont.

After checking the source code of nintendont, I only can find this (define Hollywood
version) from "global.c" of loader. (line 108: *(vu32*)0x80003138 = 0x11)
See http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Memory_Map/fr

I tried to change line 108 (global.c) to *(vu32*)0x80003138 = 0x21 but it's
of no use.(still got "kernel -1" error)

Hopefully all the committers of "nintendont project"(as well as crediar)
can spend some times to study and find the root cause then fix this problem.

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Just in case I wanted to mention here that Howard commited new changes for r50 to help testing this Hollywood theory, so you should test it when it's possible and give feedback

pcm720

Trophies
Website
pcm720.me
XP
Country
Russia
Tested r50 on my "Loading patched kernel... -1" Wii. Got multiple "KERNEL FAILED TO LOAD! Shutting down" errors.
Syscheck reports that Hollywood version is 0x21.

naxil

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Tested r50 on my "Loading patched kernel... -1" Wii. Got multiple "KERNEL FAILED TO LOAD! Shutting down" errors.
Syscheck reports that Hollywood version is 0x21.

SAME!! i hope some people RELEASE a complete ramdump of that error!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: :discuss: